14 year vet with more noob questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zagyg, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Call me a slow learner :) I looked for answers but the search function is very difficult to use - it keeps telling me that my search terms are too common. If these were already answered somewhere, just link it. No need to repeat anything.

1 - How does item decay work here? I ask because I've seen newbie items last much longer than I thought they would and very heavy items disappear much faster than I thought they would.

2 - Is house/boat decay 14 days? And does the house owner need to refresh occasionally to avoid condemning?

3 - Why don't all armorers/blacksmiths/weaponsmiths buy the same items? Some armorers buy leather and others don't, et cetera.

4 - Does having high Magery + Poisoning give a Blade Spirit better poison?
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

1: I'm not sure so I won't guess at it.
    2: I would hope so, but I lost a small tower pre-land rush and I could have SWORN it was less than a week since I last popped the door.
    3: They generally buy things they sell, and I think that has been adjusted here and there over the shard's short life so far. I hit 3-4 different vendors to sell my magic items found in the field.
    4: I don't think so, but that would be kinda cool. :)
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks for the answers fellas! I'll make a list of what I think are vendor discrepancies and send it to you, Chris.
  5. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

House and Boat Decay follow the same 14 day cycle, however you should always refresh two times a week to be safe. Houses will become condemned after 90 days if not refreshed by the owning account.

the same as what? u might wanna put this somewhere were people can see it. ive played several servers in the past several years and all of them were 30 day timers..... yea yall can say "go farm some more stuff". but the truth of the matter, i despise farming, i was completely setup. not everyone likes fighting monsters, and the go farm more stuff is a huge hurdle for the playstyle like my own.

and im not the only one this has happened to. theres a few pvpers that started at launch and was refreshing their houses every 3 weeks or so, and idoced. at first i thought i was so burned out that i thought i forgot about it for a month, but since i found out about this 2 week decay, i have more faith in myself :roll:

i quit on this patch(it was actually supposed to be on the 18th at like 2pm, but never made it, see even more faith in my memory) http://www.uorenaissance.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=799
    i refreshed my house 3 times after that for sure.

k, enough of my crying, put that shit where people can see it so it doesnt happen to them, they might not look back
  6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Since this got bumped back up, I'll take this opportunity to ask some more questions.

1 - Do scavenging monsters have a weight carrying limit or can they pick up an endless amount of items?

2 - Do untamed monsters train/gain skills when in combat? I've seen a variance in the skills of wild animals and I was wondering what causes it.

3 - Is there currently a way to get an untamed monster to travel through a gate?
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

8. Aegis

Aegis Member

that would make macroing provoc soo easy :)
    and loads of other things!
  9. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks HC
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

House decay on OSI was 14 days up until around 2002-2003 when they simply went to the system where if you paid for your account your houses never fell.

During the Renaissance era house decay was 14 days, and boat decay was 9-10 days. We adjusted boat decay to allow for players to refresh both on a simliar cycle.

This was not patched at any point in time once the server went live, and has been clearly indicated in our Code of Conduct/Rules section of the website.
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_conduct

We will look into ways to more clearly make the player aware of the decay rules on the server in the future. Several of our players and staff are working on a extensive F.A.Q that covers a great deal of these aspects.
  11. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

its all good man, i got my things together again. never played much OSI. and so long ago i wouldnt remember it anyways.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

In case you, HC, or anyone else following this is interested - creatures DO in fact gain skills and stats from untamed combat. I realized I could test this out on my own with Animal Lore. So I provoked two elder gazers against each other and saw one of them gain over a full point of meditation during their fight. This is one of those questions that is more interesting than useful, but technically there could be very strong monsters out there who just survived a lot of scraps. :)