2 annoying Windows issues

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Cero, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

First issue is on my desktop, recently if I would switch windows to either another character or web browser, the active window I just left would minimize and be "stuck" minimized. Any attempt to maximize the window to play again would not work, sounds and key binds would be affecting the game but the window would stay minimized. The only way to fix it would be to close all instances of UO through task manager and then reopen them. The only change I have done recently was install team viewer so I could do some remote work for school. When I remote into my desktop there is no issue with getting stuck, only when I am actually at that machine it happens. Is there a setting I missed or could have activated that causes this? Figured I asked before I uninstalled team viewer to see if it fixes the issue.

Second, and this has happened a long time ago and affects both my desktop/laptop, is what appears in my UO windows title bar once I begin to log into UO:R:

symbols.PNG

The symbols only show up on UO after I begin to log in, and this has happened to my wife's web browser before...which I fixed but can't remember how...and I am too lazy to figure it out again.

Any input/help with these issues would be appreciated!
    Kirby likes this.
  2. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I know issue #1. It's not staying minimized, it's opening off screen, for some reason. Once it does this, hit alt, then space, that will open the corner menu (Idk what it's called). Scroll to Move, and hit enter (or space, I can't remember), then hit any direction arrow on the directional buttons on your keyboard and the game window should move with your mouse pointer at that point. Doesn't work 100% so you might have to try a couple of times, but I get probably about 85% success with it.

If anyone else has ideas on how to solve the problem, let me know. With me using 2 screens this happens all the time.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

maximize.png
    So I don't know if this is your issue but give this a shot:
    Bring mouse over the ultima online on the task bar and just hover over it, that will bring up the drop-up ultima online tab that I have the red arrow pointing to. Right click THAT ultima tab and you receive the little screen shown, on which you click maximize.
  4. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

You can also do that to get the Move option.
  5. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Easier than that guys, hover the mouse over the task bar icon for UO, then right click on the window icon that's off screen and select Maximize
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

That works if you use your client maximized. Not everyone does. If you maximize it, then restore it, it will go back off screen. I never play UO maximized.
  7. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

drag the screen to the corner for half screen and then resize to see all windows ;)
  8. shad

shad Well-Known Member

#2 is caused by teamviwer
    You need to disale the plug-in on all applications
  9. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Issues? Try playing on a Mac!

[​IMG]
  10. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member