2 things that MUST be changed

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by corben dallas, Jan 6, 2013.

1. corben dallas

corben dallas New Member

First of all I want to say thanks to STAFF members, cause I am new to this server BUT I've really fallen in love with it during 4 days play. It reminds me of an old times UO and the server i played before (for 6 years). By the way, I am sorry for my english, its not perfect cause its not my native lang.

1) Here I wanted to write about archery, but i saw a topic about it and wrote my comments there. Anyway moving shot MUST be added, and here are the reasons:
    a) LOGIC - i have bow, i have arrows, i have a mount , so why cant i shoot riding a mount
    b) PvP - its totally useless skill in PvP, if i cant chase and shoot (and YES, it MUST be nerfed for shooting on the move, twice longer to aim + damage penalty, for example)
    c) PvM - monsters are really masters at pathfinding and chasing their target on this shard, so its gonna be a nice buff "shooting witout delays, but with penalties"

The easiest way to boost archery - no delay shooting with penalties, and short delay after charachter stops moving to shoot without penalties. The idea is to boost archers, who could easily pwn mages but wouldy harldy kill a heavy armored warrior. More warriors will appear on the server and mages also would try to wear more expensive gear. Otherwise archery is just a fun PvE skill that would always be ignored.

2) Monsters that use magic. There is no difference between those monsters, and they all are freaking strong. They use magic like crazy, no chance to prevent them from casting, and their manapool seems to be unlimited. All the difference btween them is HP and loot, and its not proportional at all.

It would be nice, if their manapool was balanced. Also nice to see them FIZZLE, if they were hit during casting delay. May be those monsters who can "talk" (ratmen, orcs, human mages and others) would pronounce their spells, so we could see what to expect. BUT leave this thing with monsters PRE-CASTING when target goes out of sight, it makes them stronger and fun to play.
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Regarding magic-using monsters, I agree that there are things which seem ridiculous and/or are really annoying but I think it's probably a complicated subject. What can you take out without reducing these monsters to joke status? I doubt there's an easy answer to that. Still... when you combine being able to cast cure/gheal/dispel while standing in the middle of three Blade Spirits and a Fire Field and having a seemingly infinite mana pool, that's just a headache. And it really seems that for any monsters of significant power (Wandering Healers/Ophidian Matriarch/Poison Elemental and higher) they always have enough mana to gheal themselves from 5% health back to 100%. The other day I trapped a wandering healer in my house with tables and cast an EV right beside him. He had nowhere to go, couldn't move, didn't dispel, and yet the EV disappeared from the spell running out without killing him. :lol:
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Gideon is correct, both of these things are under review. I won't go into specifics here, however both of these issues have been discussed by the staff.

Patch 31 will see changes to archery, and combat in general. Patch 32 should see the loot update we have been working on for a while.