2 unpopular idea to draw in more players to this server

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by John_Doe, Jul 9, 2017.

1. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

In regard to how many houses folks own, things probably haven't changed too much since this post by Chris:

Are there some people who own the maximum amount of houses? Sure, but it's not nearly as many as one might think.
    Shosara likes this.
  2. Stormwynd

Stormwynd Active Member

I will admit, I currently own 4 houses. I do however someday wish to just own 1 Keep or higher so those 4 spots will open up :)
  3. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey all, I am going to chime in on something that a few of you have said (not the housing thing, thats been talked about to death).

A few of you have said that in order to get more players to the shard/retain players, its all about adding more content.

I am going to disagree with that statement, even though I like and respect those who have said it.

Content is not going to bring more people to the shard, or keep them here.

Better players will. Better people will. We have a great community of people here, and striving to increase the good players, good people, community focused men and women of this server is what will draw new players in and keep them.

How many times have we heard of someone new quitting, or freaking out, or raging hard because someone else in the game PKed them or scammed them or what have you? Often, or at least, enough to be able to cite a few times. These players had an interaction with another person here that was less than ideal and they were driven away; not "there is not enough to do here, peace I am out". I wont go into the validity of PKing or being underhanded as a playstyle; just making the point that the interactions with people here are the best thing we have going for us, so building that aspect up is what is going to continue to allow this shard to grow; everthing else is supplemental.

To be clear, I am for new content that fits with the era, but ONLY because I know I will have fun running it with my guild or other people on this shard, not because of the content itself, or the mechanics of any new content.

Just my thoughts.

People > pixels.

~Krake
    RIN, PaddyOBrien, $igma and 2 others like this.
  4. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

5. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

I started playing on this server around October of last year. I didn't stay in Ocllo and went straight to Moonglow because thats where I used to play back in 97. Since I am a casual player, it took me about a month to save up enough to buy a small house deed and placed that house in Moonglow right by the west cotton field. I couldn't believe I found the spot but I did and still own it. I also placed a log in Moonglow by the south shore which I loved. I sold it when I bought the L shape from Paddy a few weeks ago. Ive placed Villas and Logs near Britain and Vesper/Minoc. These I have sold and I place whenever I find a good spot and then sell. There is no shortage of space for smalls, logs and villas in this shard. You only have to look. Get your deed, leave your stuff in the bank and walk around. So what if you die. Deeds are blessed and there is no dearth of wandering healers to get rezed by. As to the PK situation, I think everyone in this shard has been killed at one time or another. If you know how to protect yourself and keep your pack light, chances are the risks are minimal. I never mine during peak hours :) The beauty of this game is not only the variety of things you can do but the element of risk that keeps your adrenaline high. This is Felucca after all. You don't even have to be a 7x GM to survive here. You just have to treat setbacks as learning experiences and develop creative strategies to succeed. Just my 2 gps.
    RIN, Lord Krake, PaddyOBrien and 3 others like this.