2017 UOR Best Dressed Contest

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by ReZon, Jul 15, 2017.

1. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hail fashionable folks of UOR and welcome to the 2017 UOR Best Dressed Contest!

The title is probably explanation enough, but just in case... This is a contest where players can show off their character's style, have a shot at winning some prizes, and a chance at being heralded as the best dressed player on the server!

The Rules

Entering the Contest:
    Submit a screenshot of your character in-game including a shot of their paperdoll, and a link to the player profile on the website. Photos may be cropped, but no Photoshop/editing is allowed, nor are any screenshots from other shards permitted (this should be obvious). Feel free to add a description or any notes about your outfit, though this is not required.

Players will have the opportunity to submit their entries until the deadline which is Wednesday, July 26 at 11:59PM server time (CST).

You may only submit an entry for one character. You may not submit an entry for a character that is not your own.

Submission Example:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/9722

Stone.png

[optional description]

View attachment 25435

Scoring:

Scoreboard

Once the Entry Window closes, voting can begin immediately (in this thread). You may vote for your favorite three (3) entries in no particular order. Scoring will be done the same as @jumpman's Halloween contest where all votes will be tallied and the top three scorers will be rewarded with the prizes. You may not vote for yourself. Forum accounts created during this contest are not eligible to vote.

Voting will close on Saturday, July 29 at 11:59PM server time (CST). After voting has ended, I will tally everything up via spreadsheet and will post the final results Sunday, July 30.

In the event of a tie, the winners shall split the prizes of their respective placements.

Prizes:
    1st Place - 100 Platinum (plus trophy and sash)
    2nd Place - 50 Platinum (plus trophy and sash)
    3rd Place - 25 Platinum (plus trophy and sash)

image.png

Executive decision - if you edit your votes after I have updated the scores, I will not be changing them. I do not think this is fair to the folks who are keeping an eye on the scoreboard and seeing themselves lose a vote.

Additional notes:
    • Rarest gear does not necessarily equal best gear. A well put together outfit can be impressive regardless of rarity!
    • Please try to keep chatter/discussion at a minimum. Complimentary posts are fine, but let's avoid going down the rabbit hole and keep the thread uncluttered so it's easier to see the entries.
    • Engaging in trash talk, derailing the thread, or just being negative may result in having your submission, your votes negated, and your post(s) reported. This is meant to be fun, so let's keep it that way!
    • Portions of these rules have been borrowed/inspired from the previous Halloween Costume contest and Top Shots threads - special thanks to the authors of those threads.
    If you have any questions, please send them to me in PM or on IRC.

That's it - let's see what you've got UOR!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Hollywood, Lyta, Jill Stihl and 9 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

***Jupiter reads fine print*** hmmm only one entry per character? Well it doesn't say anything about posting next to an alternate outfit!

I present Jupiter and his Grey Robes consisting of his sniped 1st Anni Blue Hat (that is now Grey); His Acolyte's cape (that is also grey); his unique death robe (also grey); and his Grey Sandals! Also, check out that CANE!

Next to him (not necessarily included in this entry) is his second favorite outfit, the White Robes rewarded to him from @BlackEye during the Balrog contest!

Thanks Rezon for the event! Happy Dressing to All!!

Character Profile Link: http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/117223

[​IMG]
    Hollywood, Lyta, snap dragon and 17 others like this.
  3. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Lyta, shad, Zyler and 15 others like this.
  4. chumbucket

chumbucket Well-Known Member

Note: The first one is my entry. I couldn't resist writing up the second one though.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/1400854

daywear.jpg

Above: A true bard classic. This timeless ensemble is minimal, sensible, and iconic. The hat is the very symbol of bards on this shard and shards the world over. Nothing says "I am here to steal your gold" like a fisherman's hat finished in a burnt umber color. The lack of shirt emphasizes the rustic simplicity of the entire outfit while displaying a tight and toned midsection. The ensemble comes together nicely with a dark northwestern purple set of short breeches made to catch the eye. The entire outfit is newbie'd, so you will never need be caught without something to wear no matter how many times the guards unjustly murder you in Occlo. (Hat and short breeches by UOR server.)

Below: A variation for an elegant night on the town with friends, lovers, and llamas. The fancy dress is certainly fancy. A pure white lace that winks at your virtue. White is certainly the new black. A fireworks wand and a lit torch dazzles everyone, making them forget who you even are. Strolling shoeless in that same fisherman's hat reminds everyone of who you really are again as they hide their gold. (Fancy dress by the Lord's Clothier of West Britain.)

formalwear.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Bayara, Hollywood, Lyta and 14 others like this.
  5. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hollywood, Lyta, Xegugg and 16 others like this.
  6. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

I will kill you if you trash that robe
    One and Kiryana like this.
  7. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Julien, Lyta, Zyler and 10 others like this.
  8. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member

9. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Maybe Ill win "least dress" if there is such a category lol. Mixed outfit of 1151, 2219, & 2119 to match my savage ostard and 1151 polar bears.

Keza Proto

Keza Proto 1151.jpg
    Xavant_BR, Phillip, Julien and 17 others like this.
  10. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    ReZon likes this.
  11. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

Theodin, Bayara, Lyta and 18 others like this.
  12. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Hollywood, Lyta, Azoth and 10 others like this.
  13. $igma

$igma Member

14. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

paddy.jpg

I've never been very fashionable in game, but I decided eh, why not splurge a little so the Mayor of Cove doesn't look like a bum! The 4th anniversary red has a certain glow that looks neat. I played around with hats on test but they don't look as cool. Paddy's cap is so battered and ready to fall apart so I figured I'd keep it on him til it finally disintegrates :D Check out the item durability, it's literally hanging on by a thread! If I get sneezed on by a mongbat that thing is gonna fall apart :p

Also, yes I'm not wearing any gloves because they hide the awesome anniversary bracelet that looks like a fancy gold watch haha

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/462873
    Hollywood, Lyta, Xegugg and 11 others like this.
  15. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

You can put your neon masks back in your trammel suit cases, and pack it up, I, a papuan citizen, have arrived in this post. I'm also giving you a first-look at the MONGBATTLE Arena in this beautiful image:

[​IMG]
    @Azoth take note of the amazing trophies on display here

I like to keep things very practical, and as such, I am likely the most pracically dressed person in the game. No trammel jewelry (That stuff makes noise when you stealth!), no neon purple sandals, just what I need to get down to business. To me the choice is clear: Many parts of an outfit are annoying, especially if you spend a lot of time re-dressing after you die (as I do). I used to sport a half apron over, and sash under the dress, which only peeks out a little and looks like a contrasting seam, but in the past few years I settle on this. Let me explain why this is superior to whatever you are wearing.

1.) The Bandana:
    It's small size means that in the event I enter a leet PVP duel, I can quickly tuck it away in a pocket to make room for the leather cap. I am always wearing a bandana, the only exception is when I have lost it, I am wearing a magical wizards hat, wearing a leather cap for pvp, or wearing the outfit lifted from the corpse of my victims.

Here I am wearing a @Pekka costume:
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty well known fact that the bandana adds at least +20 to your PvP ability. When you see someone wearing a bandana, you know they are as strong as a tiger and agile like a rabbit. They also probablyhave infinite ammo:

[​IMG]

Besides that, many powerful historical figures have been known for their trademark bandana.

Abraham Lincoln:
    [​IMG]

Alex the Great:
    [​IMG]

UOR's own @Kiryana :
    [​IMG]
    (Shame about those shoes though... ewww)

And even Canada's founder, current Prime Minister, and notable teen heart-throb, Wayne Gretzky:
    [​IMG]

2.) The plain dress:
    This is the most practical thing of all. If one dies, they can't just walk around naked right? Obviously you can't wear a death robe either, or you will look like a bag of potato. Fancy dress is the most hideous art piece in all of UO, and there's not anything else that keeps you covered for those chilling papuan winters. Hence, the plain dress. It's unique one piece design is not only fashionable, but also allows for ease of equipping. It's an elegant solution for the practical that would otherwise be wearing a death robe.

So I don't loose all my trammel-cred, this isn't just your grandmother's plain dress:
    [​IMG]

This is the only first anniversary blue dress to have ever existed. It's a color at extreme premium with an item worth only 2 yards pricing well into the 3 million range. No new cloth is likely to ever be created, making such an item skyrocket to the 15-20 million gold range to craft. Of course it's crafted by the shards most exclusive tailor out of the facets highest quality materials.

One can't wear blue every day though. Over the past 4 years I have built up a collection of plain dresses crafted by this most skilled tailor in ALL the hues in the game needing only to stitch a few out of lesser-fabrics not even worth mentioning. I even went to the trouble to buy 2 "rare" named dresses, and cut them up removing the "rare" name to affix my maker's mark.

[​IMG]

Despite this variety of looks, and my propensity to wear a disguise kit, I am probably one of the most easily identifiable players in the game, with 2 simple items of clothing. A player even recently said:

<Stranger> It's funny, you can always tell which character is matron/snap

3.) No shoes
    Why even bother? No extra armor, no magical properties. and even the trammel factor is low. Sandals turn an amazingly stylish UO character, into this:

[​IMG]

Bare feet make you swift of foot

Rezon requested character link:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/180540
    Bayara, Hollywood, Lyta and 22 others like this.
  16. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Here's Pekka in his very nice P'S guild dress. The combination of clothes where highest fasion at shard Europa and might still be and as you see at @snap dragon 's screenshots, that this magnefic fasion is slowly spreading. :)

@Jakob He looks like a bloody Gaisare... ;)

Pekkas Profile

upload_2017-7-16_18-21-20.png
    MikeK, Kiryana, Lyta and 11 others like this.
  17. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

The only one that uses colors from bod cloth is PekkusSmith, former UBB. The blue color is almost like UBB guildcolors... ;)
    (The world wide guild, spread all over all OSI shards, United Blacksmithes of Britania)

PekkusSmith's profile

upload_2017-7-16_18-48-46.png
    Lyta, Xegugg, Gideon Jura and 4 others like this.
  18. Lorak

Lorak Active Member

19. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Gideon Jura and Pekka like this.
  20. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/460886

FINALLY! A contest "tailored" to my strengths!

This is by far my favorite outfit, and it has quite a few tales attached to it:

Screenshot - 2_24_2017 , 11_27_32 PM_reg001.png

THE MASK:

1st anniversary. 1/2. Picked it up off the ground not @ an IDOC. Keep those scavenger agents on, boys!

THE DRESS:

TB faction cloth from back when you could still cut it up... Awesome.

THE HAIR:

Gifted by my Secret Santa 2016. This is something I would never buy for myself.

THE BOOK:

A 2015 drop acquired during 2016 during the couple days before Telamon switched the loot tables to 2016.

THE HALF APRON:

Acquired in Occlo from a non-afk crafter that I town-killed about 2 years ago.

Thanks for looking...
    SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!
    Cero, Hollywood, Lyta and 13 others like this.