2nd Anniversary House Decor Contest

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Jul 17, 2014.

1. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Edit below.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member

For the massive house category, my fort (click links for full res):

First floor:
    Crafting area (from left: keg area, scribe bench, tailor/bods, carpentry bench, smith area). Guest rooms and kitchens for room service. Small rune library outside security wall.
    http://i.imgur.com/B8nnRy3.jpg
    [​IMG]

Second floor:
    Dining/rec hall, guest storage, small library.
    http://i.imgur.com/c84IddP.jpg
    [​IMG]

Top floor:
    four corners: bod cloth monument, trophy/other display, lounge/bar, stage
    middle: the great fur rug!
    http://i.imgur.com/lXmYWQx.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Mes, The Musician, Avery and 9 others like this.
  3. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Now open to the public. :D
    Wise, Jupiter and Dalavar like this.
  4. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

My entry for the Large House Category! The Yew Emporium!

The first floor....

First Floor.JPG

And second floor....

Second Floor.JPG

And finally the roof!
    Roof.JPG

Amazing entries so far this year. By far some of the best deco I've seen!
    ReZon, Avery, Lestat and 6 others like this.
  5. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

My entry for the Small House Category! The jungle crypt!
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Xegugg, Eugen, The Musician and 6 others like this.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Large House Category
    Gideon's Tavern - Yew Bank

Still a work in progress but here it is!!
    Fully public house with one stop shopping, runebook library, scenic water feature, and more!
    Stop by and play a game of chess anytime. :)

[​IMG]

Massive House Category

Gideon's Tavern - North Britain

Been working on this one for quite a while.
    Fully public house with many amenities including full bar and grill, comfortable suites, outdoor eating, and live music.
    Stop by anytime and check out the huge selection of BODs!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Top Floor things to note:
    Unique entryway, custom stable, custom fireplace, bandstand, and water features.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*2nd Floor things to note:
    Raised fish tank, indoor "botanical garden", and hidden storage closet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*1st Floor things to note:
    Full bar and kitchen, blacksmith and tailor rooms, secure training courtyard, and vault.

I'd like to point out that this house took a lot of planning to design. While the house is public and much of it is accessible, I went to a lot of care to keep portions of the house and the courtyard secure. The layout of the house accommodates this through use of counters and hanging tapestries.

Most Unique Design Element
    Yew Bank Nature Preserve

This took me a little while to setup - as well as some crafty shenanigans with ladders.
    Hope you like it!

[​IMG]

Entries this year have been amazing - great job everybody!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  7. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I prefer a minimalistic approach. Only true artists with a refined palate will appreciate it. So if you don't vote for me, you're obviously not refined.
    Zyler, Xegugg, NONAMEALLSTAR and 5 others like this.
  8. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

For the villa category:

[​IMG]
  9. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Here is my entry: The Three Planes.

First close-up will also be my submission to the "unique design element" contest. It is the High Plane, on which the bear god looks down upon Brittania and watches over the men and beasts:
    [​IMG]

On the earthly plane, the race of men craft magical weapons:
    [​IMG]

...create fine works of art:
    [​IMG]

...travel to distant, unexplored lands:
    [​IMG]

...and sleep under the stars. Patriot Lager, candle-light, and a four-poster bed with curtains? Perhaps they shall make a Dalavar Babymage tonight...
    [​IMG]

They tend to the land, building houses and farming:
    [​IMG]

...and fishing from the edge of the falls:
    [​IMG]

...create fancy clothes of every hue:
    [​IMG]

...research new alchemical and magical formulas:
    [​IMG]

...and craft armors capable of withstanding years of war. (I still haven't been lucky enough to get a hanging chain tunic, so it's, um, being crafted right now):
    [​IMG]

In the Underworld, the bodies of those lost are laid to rest:
    [​IMG]

Knights guard the cells of fearsome beasts. A Phoenix tempts the knights with powerful armor, but they dare not enter. A Hiryu sits atop a nest, while a giant spider holds captive the last soul who entered.
    [​IMG]

A dragon savors his meal, while other captives did not fare so well...
    [​IMG]

The stewards of the underworld carefully sort the remains they acquire:
    [​IMG]

An active volcano constantly threatens the inhabitants:
    [​IMG]

The god of the lower plane constructs a wicked contest for his entertainment. Men square off in the stone ring until one is bloodied and unconscious. The loser dies by rack. The winner, by guillotine:
    [​IMG]

The full shots (click for full resolution)
    upper.jpg

middle.jpg

lower.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Kane, Lestat, Hawkeye and 16 others like this.
  10. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  11. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Nice Dalavar! That map... Awesome!

Love that phoenix room too.
  12. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I have two houses. The first one is my Bloodrock Clan Orc themed tower. The second one is The Succubus Sanctuary a keep.

This is the entry to my lovely orc kingdom, humans should stay out. What happens to humans is inside.
    Orc Door.jpg

This is my shinie room. This is where I go to lick and stare at my shinies and and enjoy a good bottle of grog. Orc Treasure room.jpg

This is my entrance, It is where my human friends come to visit but never leave.
    Orc Main entrance.jpg

This is my orc breeding room. I also like to snack on humans in here.
    Orc breeding room.jpg

This is our clomp arena, we welcome to have humans come here to be clomped or sometimes we clomp each other for fun. We also have an alter up here for sacrifices to our god Belok. for the humans who depart.
    Orc roof.jpg

The Succubus Sanctuary is a peaceful home. A bit cleaner than the orc house This is the front door to the sanctuary.
    Suc door.jpg

This is the main floor. I sacrifice/leech the life out of the men who fall for the succubus at. I like pillows, suc sacrifice altar.jpg

The Feast room. Each full moon there is a celebration and a feast.
    suc feast room.jpg

The floor of tranquility. A peaceful place to meditate at.
    suc roof of tranquility.jpg
    Thank you for touring my homes.

Attached Files:

Wodan, Ragnarok, Jupiter and 5 others like this.
  13. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I sure hope those were cage-free organ donors and not an ALT of yours!
  14. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Cage free and free range!
    Pork Fried Rice likes this.
  15. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Damn Dalavar Decomage
    Jupiter and Avery like this.
  16. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Some of these houses are down right ridiculously awesome...
  17. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Large House Entry
    WYNB Vendor House HQ and Sweatshop - This is where all the fantastic goods are crafted and hoarded !

The entrance to the WYNB Vendor House is adorned with Crafted Candle Stands, Welcoming Fur Rugs, Mailbox in the signature WYNB color along with the last sheep I will ever keep indoors.
    Yew Tower Front Step.JPG

Reception Hall. Come to the Green Desk for transactions and inquiries of a special nature. To the right is the indoor green house where the minions are frantically trying to grow plants for sale, best they have done is a single cacti. Dining hall is to the rear of the bottom floor. Before you head upstairs, please check your animals into the stable.
    Yew Tower first floor.JPG

Upon arriving on the second floor you will see that you are now on the WYNB Factory Floor (SweatShop). The tapestry wall acts as a sound barrier to muffle the noise of the smiths, tailors and scribes from the first floor. BoD books greet you at the top of the stair and as you make your way forward you see the Alchemy and Scribe Lab. Visiting the tower late at night you will witness the minions hard at work. In the main room you will see sectioned off areas for Tailors, Smiths, Carpenters, Stone Masons and Fletchers.

Yew Tower Working Level.JPG

As you take the stairs up to the third floor you arrive in the hall of Armor, this is where you will find standing suits of armor crafted by WYNB's first Smith, Renaissance Home. She has since retired from crafting in favor of her apprentice "Why YEW No Buy" but her goods are proudly on display and can be found across the land used by PvM'rs and PvP'rs alike. The small alcove to the front of the floor houses a modest sleeping chamber with Chests full of goods and goodies ready for the vendors at WYNB. The main room is dedicated to Trophies acquired across Sosaria through donation, participation and some purchased. These trophies commemorate key points in UOR's history and the efforts of those who hosted as well as those who participated in them. It is the events here that make UOR great!

Yew Tower Trophy Room.JPG

The Top Floor is a tribute the activities of my UOR career. First is the large fish tank with Nets, Maps, Rope and treasure chests from my favorite UOR past time - FISHING! In front of that is a Sheep Pen that now stands empty. Sheep farming and the holding of them in houses is now a thing of the past for me. I have come to realize that Sheep must be free and not penned up. Now only vegetables are grown in the pen. Over the right hand wing is the kitchen of the tower where a very poorly trained and equally poorly motivated chef can rarely be seen perfecting his craft.

Over the left hand wing is a tribute to the first freeshard I played on and the reason I found UOR. Over on Voldeshard, I met only a handful of like minded players. One of which invited me to their guild. My only regret in leave that place was in leaving that guild behind. I have purchased a stone here, named it after the guild there and it stands in a forest of trees on the roof of the WYNB HQ.

YewTower Roof.JPG

I hope you have enjoyed the visual tour of my place. It is on occasion open to the public, feel free to stop in and check the doors and have a look about.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Lestat, Basoosh and ReZon like this.
  18. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Medium House Entry
    Long and varied history of this place over the past 12 months. Originally placed by Upgrayedd when guard zones redrawn to be more era accurate, he promptly GAVE it away through a writing contest and dice roll off. Alas, I did not become the owner then. The Infamous Shadow Jack won the dice roll and attempted to make a go of a vendor shop. As all who know Shadow Jack know that vendors are not his first, second or even third love of the game. So true to the spirit of the original giveaway, he gave me this house on the promise that I run it as a true vendor shop. All other houses around the Yew Bank have changed hands since I opened the doors except the S3X Bank N Buy which went on an extended hiatus, but is now back. I even took a short 2 month break. However with over 15k visits to the shop, I believe I have fulfilled the promise of running vendors out of there.

Entrance: High value and bulk goods are sold from the front porch. One can open their bank while shopping outside and even indoors a few tiles.
    WYNB Front Entrance.JPG

Main Vendor Floor: The main floor sports the vendor worlds first carpet. WYNB was carpeted when only the most elegant of houses were. It has grown slightly since first being laid down. The counter is made up of the new oak craftable counter and dyed the signature blue of WYNB. Vendors come and go, but always open for business.
    WYNB Main Floor.JPG

Top Floor: Top floor is a sanctuary of relaxation. My very first large painting is present downstairs on the way up. And the main room is decorated with some of my most hard earned and prized possessions; Hearth of the Homefire and Ruined Painting. Since the fall up Upgrayedd's rune library, Markos, Rezon and Gideon have made public runebooks to all the craft, town, rares, t-map and event related spots. But until now Yew Bank area has been missing a dungeon runebook set. The red set of books on the shelves here contain spots for each dungeon
    WYNB Top Floor.JPG

The following are evolutionary pictures of the shop...

In its original location around the corner & last years winner of Med House
    Yew First Story.JPG
    Yew Second Story.JPG

After the move to the North side of the bank:
    Under New Management.JPG

The Rug:
    WYNB.JPG

And finally the secret is out. Markos figured out how I moved this house from the south side to the north side of the bank...
    WYNB Wheels.jpg

My Loggy has WHEELS !!
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Zyler, Basoosh and ReZon like this.
  19. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Those wheels.

:cool:
    Zyler likes this.
  20. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I would definitely suggest entering the wheels into the "most unique design element" contest.