2nd anniversary item sale

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Jack of Shadows, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

2a.jpg

All prices are starting bids
    Auction ends 48 hours if only one bid, 24 hours if multiple bids
    BI of 10k
    I reserve the right to refuse any bids

vesper choker - sb 100k sb Azoth
    vesper ring - sb 100k High bid 200k Kiryana
    vesper shirt - sb 300k - sb Kiryana
    vesper shoes -sb 200k -sb Kiryana

orange choker -sb 100k sb Azoth
    orange dress -750k
    orange bandanna - 200k

hair restyle deeds - 3 for 30k as a bundle - Sold to nerk (pending)

"Please keep the discussion to bids only or questions about the items
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'll take the 3 restyle deeds.
  3. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

sb vesper & blaze chokers
  4. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

vesper ring - sb 100k
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Not here to bid but, you are no longer allowed to refuse bids jack it is against forum rules.
    shad likes this.
  6. shad

shad Well-Known Member

7. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member

It's not listed in the actual rules though, but instead just mentioned as "should be accepted" in that thread you linked. The updated rules of the trade forum are here:

http://uorforum.com/threads/trade-forum-code-of-conduct-updated-6-10-16.17309/

So are the officials rules wrong and in need of updating (even though Chris linked to the updated rules when answering your question)? Or was it just strongly suggested to accept all bids even if you have an issue with the other person? I can think of plenty of good reasons to refuse bids from people and to be honest I have a coupe people I wouldn't deal with here too (buying or selling to) due to their past behavior.

If you have a person you'd rather not deal with for whatever reason (many bid retractions in the past, bad behavior towards you in trades, disgusting in game behavior, stringing ya along forever on a sale, etc) but they haven't been removed from the trade forum yet or a lot of what they do is borderline and not quite against the rules, should you be forced to accept their bid?

Just like a person can choose who they deal with in game for sales and whose items they bid on (boycotting people they have issues with) a seller should have the same choice on the forum in my opinion.

That said, I think going by what's in the official rules thread that's stickied in this forum is probably the safest thing. In that thread it makes no mention of it being against the rules to refuse bids from individuals you do not want to deal with.
  8. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Well, we fall into the twilight zone... @Chris
  9. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member

This probably is a better discussion for a separate thread so it doesn't clutter up a trade thread :)
    shad likes this.
  10. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

vesper ring - 200k
    vesper shirt - sb
    vesper shoes -sb
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  11. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/19976/

I hope you guys have better luck, SJ is known for his flawless trade reputation after all

SJ accepted my buyout and couldn't think of any sore loser reasons to refuse it until he learned the BO price was low and needed an excuse to renege after he accepted

quoting all of his posts so he can't edit them afterwards may be wise
  12. Jack of Shadows

Iago, I don't want you bidding on any of my auctions ever. How's that? I most certainly am not going to sell you anything that's half price, user error or not.

Now go tudor some unfortunates, cause any auction started by myself, you can just pass on by. Or you guys can go use your fake forum accounts and go through another shill bidding extravaganza.

Long story short, it wasn't about price, it was about you, you're a turd and a pos as a person. I refuse to sell anything to you ever. Glad we cleared that up. Now run along into traffic.
    Xegugg and Mes like this.
  13. Jack of Shadows

Prices updated to reflect current bids
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, tudor.

Jack, no one's using fake forum accounts anymore. Regardless of that, the only person to ever be proven to be shill bidding was Stranger when he bought that stupid marble house and I basically proved his shill bid by showing the vacant housing spot later. lol

Jack has tarnished his reputation by reneging on a BO offer he already accepted, based on post-BO information on value coming his way. Be wary of his potential to give you the shaft if he makes a huge mistake, again.
  15. Jack of Shadows

How are you enjoying the 2+ mil in stuff I gave you for free Blaise? You can shit on someone else's post now, I've never had a bad trade, and one time I refused to sell to Iago. We all know you run with that group, so go circle jerk each other off and leave my sale posts alone.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Ask them when the last time was I did anything at all, let alone run with them. Occasionally I pop on for some PKing or rarely Faction stuff. The only time I attend IDOCs is to throw EVs and lol my ass off. I never pick anything up and have only been to one in the last like 9 months, because someone posted it on forums.

We are friends though, to varying degrees. I'll give you that. It wouldn't stop me one bit from blasting them on forums for being failboats.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

That reminds me a lot of this one time a long time ago, some of the folks here probably remember it too. Back in the very early days of Renaissance there weren’t that many players around – maybe like 60 accounts online at a time and just a small group of adventurers. The trade forums were still pretty active and lively though. I remember during one of those early times that Shadow Jack sold a cool item called a composite bow to somebody else, I don’t remember who now.

That was a cool item. One of the only true uniques to have existed or since exist on Renaissance. I remember the story of how Jack got it really well – he said he found a monster that had it equipped and managed to disarm it and steal it. Hah! I was blown away by that as I had never built a thief character let alone a disarm thief. I had certainly never considered the possibility of disarming a monster of a rare weapon – let alone a unique one! That was pretty darn awesome.

That whole event was super sweet though. I think that was the housing event rush from back in August 2012. What a lifetime ago. At the time I hadn’t yet joined the Adventure Time guild. I was still hanging out with Wulver and the folks in DK. I think Double Vision, Solar, and Zyler were also in DK. Those were really good times with those guys.

Back in the early days everybody was really young, inexperienced, and at the mercy of the handful of PKs that kept the overworld pretty dangerous – Vagingo and a few others would also kill us all at Wrong Executioners and down in Ice Ogre Lords – everybody’s two favorite spots since basically everybody was a bard hehe.

Anyway so me and Double Vision were doing the house rush event and we must have stayed up most of the entire event together killing the invading monsters and having the guards help us deal with them as we were both new and extremely weak. Wulver and Les Claypool were about the only two people I knew of who had tamers so occasionally we’d go with them and use their dragons as tanks. Man that event was super cool though. Double Vision and I worked super hard and each accumulated a pretty good stash of gold, rares like the green scout maps, and Wulver even made out with a few pieces of “deadwood” I think it was called. I also think a few players scored green golem statuettes. But Jack really made off with the prize of prizes in that composite bow, earning a pretty solid reputation for himself.

Following the house rush we saw the opening up of land across parts of Britannia and many houses placed during those stressful moments still stand to this day. I was able to place my Keep north of Brit, a house spot I had dreamed of owning since first seeing it on the shard that shall not be named. Blaise was able to place the AT guildhall north of Minoc – probably the first fortress or one of the first. Amazing! And Les Claypool or Avery were able to place the houses around the Brit Gate – very hotly contested placement! Amazing to see them still standing today.

It was really cool to see the bonds of friendship form in those early times, guilds like DK and AT form up, and land get settled in. Players made names for themselves – Darkwing the boat crafter, Blaise the Adventurer, Avery the Kindhearted, and Jack the Nefarious Rascal. Wulver and Les Claypool were leagues ahead of everybody, down in the bottom of dungeons on their tamers. Upgrayed ran everything like some kind of benevolent overlord. And of course, Mutombo, Double Vision, and Bart Simpson the enemies of all who walked in the light.

Myself I was simply content selling BODs, collecting rares, and trying to eek out a small collection of décor. Each house décor contest I would pour my heart into trying to make my Keep as presentable as possible – scouring the land for ideas, scouring the forum for rares, and scouring the forums and every old forum imaginable for décor themes to borrow. Always, always, I came up short. But I was never let down, for the entries were all amazing.

Quickly the seasons turned, leading to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and of course, the first Christmas. Our community steadily grew, guilds disbanded, others grew, and new ones came onto the scene. Loyalties were tested and trials were had. It was such an amazing time.

It’s sad to look back and think about those players who adventured with us in those early times – both friend and foe – who are no longer with us. Caly of Yew and I spent much time trying to discover the secrets to rare timers. Markos and Mobolin were fellow Adventure Timers and amazing house decorators – definitely missed. Mutombo, Liberation, Double Vision, Solar, and Vagingo – definitely the most feared murderers in all of Sosaria circa 2012 are all missed too. They brought me many deaths but I learned much along the way and look back fondly on those times.

Ahh Renaissance, so many good times.
    jumpman, Blaise, Bloodlust and 9 others like this.
  18. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

jack, if it was about me and not about the price you wouldn't have accepted my BO and then only reneged after people told you the price was too low

salting lies repeatedly doesn't make them true, but maybe you'll give it another couple attempts

what ever happened to your old account by the way? I heard it was sanctioned/suspended/banned... it must have been that flawless rep of yours.
  19. Jack of Shadows

It was banned for calling you what you are. Stop spamming my threads loser.
  20. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

and then you immediately made an alternate account to get around the forum ban of your previous account?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.