70 platinum

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by yakka, Jan 4, 2014.

1. yakka

yakka New Member

looking for 450k gold or 60k iron ingots. let me know thanks
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Both are overpriced. I'll do 400k, if interested irc me.
  3. yakka

yakka New Member

maybe high but your offer is foolishly low. I would consider trade for a tower deed.
  4. Apoc

Apoc Member

:roll: considering i have bought a LOT of plat the offer is actually fair most plat sells for 5k per :|
  5. Aris

Aris Active Member

I think your price in gold might be low...around 6.5k each still is generous.

The demand for platinum will always exist. It seems at the beginning of a month a lot of the wealthier players will try to absorb the market because of all the newer players who just got their monthly allocation and try to get them at a low rate. However, to someone who is really anxious for that next cool house addon or that blessed runebook, players who are X amount of plat short of their goal will pay a premium price to get it.

I'd never sell at the beginning of a month and honestly, asking 7k or more isn't unreasonable, it may not sell immediately and you will have people trying to convince you that the "going rate" is much lower, just tell them good luck and wait for that anxious buyer.
  6. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

[/quote]

Although I wouldn't pay 6k, the going rate is normally no more than 6k. Source: the other active plat sales on forums and current irc sales.

Good Luck!
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I try to offer 6k to new players when I can, if only to ever-so-slightly speed up the process of getting them what they need in the game to become productive. I suspect I have bought more platinum in the last few months than anyone else on the shard, but I'm sure many folks will demand an e-peen measurement on that fact. I would guess the mean price paid per piece of platinum in the last few months is 5.5k per piece.

In any case, it would be ideal (IMO) if these threads would not have everyone and their mother chiming in about what they think the seller should do. It is very easy to PM them a suggestion or essay on your pricing suggestion, and/or an offer. If yakka is willing to sell for less, the lack of replies would likely signal to him that it is time to do that.
  8. yakka

yakka New Member

Well put and my thoughts too Aris. Apoc I doubt you have bought plat that cheap in months.
  9. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Not to beat a dead horse here...

I just bought (less than a week) 300 plat off of Liberation for 5k a piece. I saw this as a steal though.
  10. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor
    Renaissance Volunteers

Think that might have been the trigger
  11. Apoc

Apoc Member

:lol: I wouldn't of commented had i not.... :roll:
  12. Aris

Aris Active Member

Dalavar I think its healthy to keep it in an open forum so that other future buyers and sellers can see the discussion on what is considered the "going rate". Because I didn't recognize the OP's name and want to make sure they don't undervalue their platinum, I figured it is safe to throw it out into the open.

If it turns into personal attacks and people calling others scammers, liars, thieves etc then yeah the thread shouldn't be hijacked. Since the Platinum market is relatively new and with the recent influx of new players, we're going to see a lot more of it entering the market, so a little healthy discussion on the subject won't hurt anyone.. Will it go up? Will it go down? It will be interesting. If *I* was buying platinum for the item I really am wanting and was short, personally would pay up to around 10k per plat just to get it. Gold is a lot easier to come by than Platinum...but that's just me. (And now nobody will likely ever sell to me lower than 10k due to this post, oh well... :) )
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but if we're evaluating advice, I doubt your advice is particularly helpful. I don't see the purpose of advertising platinum for 7k and taking forever to sell it. I daresay it's hardly ever been sold at that rate, and I'd likely sell my entire stock for that rate if anyone would actually buy it.

We can argue the relative merits of each of our opinions, but that is by definition "arguing". And there is an extraordinarily thin line between "helpful advice" and "being annoying", IMO, which is crossed darn near every time (this thread included) by alleged well-meaning posters who bid under the listed price for an item.

Again, if you want to educate the OP, just PM them. If you want to educate the general public... well, I think a post asking for 7k/per that has zero replies and a string of "bump" responses with no actual offers to purchase is probably good enough in most cases.
  14. Aris

Aris Active Member

Sorry, I disagree, the OP tended to agree and as a fellow owner of a stockpile of platinum, my advice was to either sit on it or sell it higher to a motivated buyer. It's all "well and good" that you have a differing opinion, but honestly if you disagree with me feel free to PM me so that we can keep our disagreement off of this thread.
  15. Klaus

Klaus Member

I thought you quit and were giving me all your plat.
  16. Corvalis

Corvalis New Member

Supply and demand peeps... If he wants 7k per, you aren't being forced to buy it. And vice versa. Kinda f'd to come shit on his thread.
  17. yakka

yakka New Member

if you do the math the asking price is more like 6420 per not quite 7k. Had offer of 6.25 but by the time I got it buyer spent his money.