A common fate - Village of Paws

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Adventurers:
    Izik Blood
    Explorer Dave
    Decoder Ring
    The Musician
    RheLjik
    Song Bird

It took a special kind spirit from the heartiest stock to thrive in the small, often forgotten town of Delucia. Few things, if any, could frighten the villagers who thrived in this town. But rumors were spreading in hushed whispers to keep your children within the city walls. It was a season known as ‘soul harvesting’ season, a time that all Delucians knew meant you don’t step foot past the spiked bastions of their walls unless you favored being stolen away and having your soul consumed by that which dwells in the deep and dark…

====================================================================================

in the grassy wetlands outside of Delucia

Cântecel de Pasăre shook her head and tuned her lute. Most people just called her Song Bird since there wasn’t really a proper translation of her name into the common tongue. She tried to shake the discomfort she felt, but the warnings of the villagers still loomed in her mind “Beware the soul harvesting season, you best not travel outside the wall!” But she had come so far and she needed the inspiration that spread across the horizon before her to help her write a new song. She just began to pluck her first note, when everything went black…

in the fire caves beneath the desert

Damien Ring moved silently (or so he thought) through the caverns examining the chests. He preferred to be called Decoder, but few people would recognize his odd choice of nomenclature. He closed the lid of the chest he was examining, leaving the gems and gold inside. The treasure he sought was not within this box. He stood quietly and began to sneak pasted the evil mages when suddenly he felt a familiar sting of a bludgeon to the back of his head. He had just enough time to think to himself “ahh crap, not again.”

In a dark cave several strangers meet

One by one, they slowly began to awake. Most of them groggy and coming to their senses.

“What do you mean you don’t know? Why are we here!? Surely you had something to do with this!” those who stood around seemed to nod in agreement with Decoder’s accusations against the grey robed wizard.

Jupiter shook his head, “I’m in the same predicament as all of you, albeit, I must admit I may have intentionally allowed myself to be captured. You see, I heard reports of strange kidnappings near Delucia and I came to investigate. Now, if we want to survive, and I suspect you all do, we’ll have to work together. I do not care of what your lives may have been before this point, if you wish to extend that life beyond this cave, we must work together!”

Song Bird stepped forward and announced, “Perhaps we could start with this?” she held up a messaged scribbled in blood. “It seems to be a note by some thief named Lundir. It seems he had been captured like us and planned an escape.”

"Very well," Jupiter took the note, "but I warn you there are rumors that Balrons dwell in this region."

Decoder Ring spat, "A balron stole my granny's broach and I've been lookin' for it ever since! I'll get that broach if it kills me!"

Decoder had no idea how true his words would be...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aya, Codus and Jack of Shadows like this.
  2. Jupiter

P.S. if you happen to be in this spot and find a Broach, please return to the family of Captain Morgan. They'd really like it back :)
    Oni Neaufire likes this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

a Broach or a brooch?
  4. Jupiter

hahaha. it was the latter "brooch". It appears I've been spelling that word wrong my whole life!

I believe it looked something like this, but Decoder Ring was very vague on the description.
    [​IMG]
  5. Oni Neaufire

Oni Neaufire Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant a barouche.
  6. Aya

Aya Active Member

Really, a lot of fun. I am so glad that I was able to at least go through part of the adventure. If you have never adventured with Jupiter, you are missing out.
    Aeritas, Vlar and Jupiter like this.
  7. Jupiter

You are all too kind!
  8. Oni Neaufire

Oni Neaufire Well-Known Member

It is that you are one-of-a-kind, Jupe:)
    Vlar likes this.