A couple suggestions for the server!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Coffee, Dec 6, 2012.

What do you think? Pick as many as you like

1. I like the customized housing.

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I like the Savage Kin Paint.

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. I like the Riddle Event.

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coffee

Coffee Member

This is a multi-vote poll, vote on the ones you like, or vote for all!

These are suggestions I find non-invasive to the shard as a whole and can add some additional fun to the server!

Customized housing
    • This can be used as a gold sink. If I remember correctly when I played during this era, it cost a pretty penny to build a house up. I remember spending hundreds of thousands of gold coins to get my house just the way I wanted it.
    • This can also be a creative outlet. If you like to have things the way you want them, and as far as a house goes, this is perfect as long as you have the money for it!
    • Examples of some people's house designs can be found here: http://uo.stratics.com/homes/designcont ... gn_1.shtml

Savage Kin Paint
    • Another "just for fun" addition. It can also be used for RPers to pick up a way to RP (like orcs) but actually have ridable mounts (Ridgebacks). They also have some masks that you could get. This is what your skin color would look using the paint:
    [​IMG]
    The paint worked like orcish kin masks, if you wore the paint you wouldn't get attacked, if you attacked a savage while wearing the paint, you got burned for ~50 hit points.
    • There were tribal spears dropped from these mobs which were ~ as strong as a Force spear with no tactics modifiers.
    • They also dropped tribal berries which were used by cooks to create Savage Kin Paint. I'm sure a light and dark version of paints could definitely add some RP or just something to use for pure looks.
    • The paint was removed after death or with an oil cloth.
    • These were located in the Delucia orc fort as far as I can remember, and as shown in the picture.

Riddle Event
    • The basic premise is to have X amount of rooms. In each room there is a sign that you have to single click. There will be a riddle for each sign. You have to type in an answer, if you get it right you are teleported into the next riddle room. If you fail to answer it correctly you will be teleported back to the beginning. At the end of all of the riddles there is a Champion Monster that will have to be killed dropping the appropriate loot for a Champ.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I believe savages will be added later on. They were taken out because for some reason they were dropping neon masks.
  3. Coffee

Coffee Member

They dropped multiple colored masks, but that would definitely clash with the mask dye system. I just want the paint, LOL.
  4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I always liked the savages.

I always despised the customizable housing.
  5. Kryptonical

Kryptonical Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I'm into our custom housing, maybe if more of those want to be introduced but I really don't like the idea of customizing our own.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The only thing i dont like is the custom housing... never have and never will.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I dislike custom housing personally, but am not positive I would be put off if it were added. It really depends on the level of extravagance. Something about the Ultima purist in me that likes the track-housing options up to the era we are playing in. I think I just saw too many custom house pictures that scarred my brain and make me cringe at the thought.

I really like the idea of the paint. I would however like to see some sort of relevance to its use. I don't think it would be as cool if I saw a Savage dyed player with name that doesn't fit the bill. Perhaps some sort of Guild add-on/Mob alignment such as the Urks have had in other lands, or as has been suggested in the Bucc's Den thread about Pirates. Only if you join the Savages (NPC type guild perhaps) can you use it and are bound to such and such, have to choose your new Savage name, irevocable.

Ok, shiz, I'm rambling but I like the paint idea.

Dang, overlooked the riddle room. Cool idea, but if there's a Champ at the end....err, you gonna kill it by yourself until people figure out the riddles?
    Oh, perhaps you go there as a group and the riddles are announced by an NPC and if anyone in the room 'says' the correct answer, they progress?
    Just throwin that in there. Cool idea.
  8. orb

orb Active Member

no on custom housing
    no on riddle event
    Since there is no "I don't like any of them" option then the tribal paint would be the best. As long as it only makes the savages not attack you.
  9. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

I strongly dislike customize housing
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

That's the way it's suppose to function I believe kinda like wearing an orc mask orcs don't attack you but if you attack an orc then the mask breaks. Same with savage skin paint, savages aren't suppose to attack you while wearing it but if you attack a savage you lose the paint.