A few more suggestions..

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Drazaos, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Drazaos

Drazaos New Member

I've only been playing on Renaissance for about a week now. I must say, loving it! Keep up the good work!

Before joining I had played on Second Age free shard for a few years, and before that on Napa/Superior and later on Siege from beta to the beginning of the AoS era. A few suggestions, if I may.... if not, please stop reading here.

1) Much of the crafting information within the Skills section of the UO:R website is inaccurate to the game experience, albeit era-accurate itself. For example:
    Bowcrafting: "Use a knife or other sharp object on a piece of wood, and the game will display the types of arrow shafts and bows you can make (based on your skill and your current supply of wood)." Which is era-accurate, but in-game the player must find the Fletching Tools (only found at a Bowyer shop) in order to use the skill. I'm pretty sure the tools for using crafting skills were not released until mid-AoS era. Although, I really don't mind them, the old gumps were harder to use than the new menus using the Fletching Tools. Same goes for using a skillet for cooking. UO:R and prior only a heatsource was needed to cook raw foods, or a knife to create bows/arrows/bolts.

2) Bows can only be sold at Bowyers. Now, I can't quite remember, but I know that pre-UO:R bows can be sold at any Weapon's dealer, and I believe also at Provisions, like any other weapon. Fixing this would be a great help - there are only 5 bowyers in all of the mainland.

3) Reagents aren't spawning in the wild, but instead only within guardzones. From my memory, they never spawned within guardzones, and (seemingly) tended to spawn more the closer to 'magical or special' locations (i.e.-Magincia, Moonglow, near a dungeon, near a shrine, etc.).

I'm super excited to be a part of this shard. Glad to be back in-game! Thanks for all your work so far! (p.s.- please add bows to buy-lists for weaponsmith npc's. Please, please, please.)
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Samorite likes this.
  2. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Hail and welcome to UOR!

1) Bowcarfting/Fletching is being worked on as we speak

2) Bows can only be sold at Bowyers, this is correct as of era

3) Reagents aren't spawning in the wild, this is known and is being addressed worldwide to have regents spawning very soon
    Drazaos likes this.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

1) You can also tinker fletching tools, they require 35 minimum skill in tinkering to make and at GM you have 100% chance of success with a 70% exceptional chance. They cost 3 ingots to make. While more expensive than store bought, this method makes a crafter self reliant.

2) I know of 7 bowyers, all locations can be found in the bowyers & provisioners book in my rune library (link in the signature).

3) What Samorite said.
    Drazaos and Samorite like this.
  4. Drazaos

Drazaos New Member

Never really had to go looking for the bowyers... sure wish I could find the other 2, in order to sell all these bows... I have in a runebook:

Yew 1 and 2
    Skara
    Britain
    Vesper...

Mind posting the other two locations for me? Thanks a lot!
    Samorite likes this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I believe Serpent's Hold and Nujelm are the other two. I have a public runebook in the library by Yew Gate for the bowyers (Hasselhoff House of Booze).
    Drazaos and Samorite like this.
  6. Drazaos

Drazaos New Member

Thanks Basoosh!
  7. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

Weaponsmiths buy bows as well, just for the record. Blacksmith/armorers will not, but weaponsmiths will.

It should also be noted that vendors will not reset their inventory by default here. You need to initiate a vendor refresh, by stating 'vendor buy' -- even if you do not buy anything. My guess is that someone else was selling bows to the weaponsmiths, and their stock has not yet been refreshed. I am 100% certain that weaponsmiths buy bows.
  8. Drazaos

Drazaos New Member

Ok, I'll try that out. Thanks corruption! Good to know.
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Shameless plug :D
    1.jpg
    ReZon, Jupiter and Samorite like this.
  10. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Weaponsmiths do buy bows. I sell them all the time to them and have never had to go to a Bowyer yet.