A Forest Service Announcement

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Forestry Service, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

Letter received:

Good day citizen,

It is our pleasure to inform you that the Forest Service has been formed and has now dubbed a large section of land; All land East of the Britain mountain passage to Skara Brae cross, as far South to the Hedges and as far North to our newly formed Ranger Station (still under-construction) at the very edge; to be considered a Sanctuary zone or Wilderness Preserve.

In short, within this zone no hunting will be allowed except with the purchase of a permit during specific seasons for a specific allotted amount of time. Same goes with gathering resources such as ore and lumber.

All monsters in this area are free to be killed without permission.

Any poaching is a violation and will be met with penalty of fine or lethal measures.

And more, which can be read in our official regulation at the Ranger Station when its construction is complete and we find the right 'Ranger' for the job.

It is our goal to preserve the wildlife here and limit the footprint of us humans.

Ending note: We are hiring and accepting volunteers for Ranger positions!

Signed,

The Forest Ranger Service
    Hawkeye, Pekka, Erza Scarlet and 12 others like this.
  2. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

As a resident of Spiritwood I welcome the Ranger Service to the forests of our northern borders. Where is the new ranger station being built and who is your commander?

-Vandalin
  3. Vandalin

Dear @Forestry Service,

Today in the Village of Paws I noticed parchment scattered about the village and pinned to the doors of various residences. Upon inspection I saw official Forestry Service documents outlining your borders in vague terms as well as your regulations and intentions. I ask you to clarify where you have defined your borders, as I had understood the Village of Paws to be south of your jurisdiction. If you are claiming control of the forest extending south and east of the Hedges, including areas of Spiritwood, Paws, and the shrine of Spirituality, I ask you to define your borders more clearly and provide the residents of the forest with a map. As an inhabitant of this area I rely on the availability of woodland creatures and the coniferous and oak trees to sustain a living. I assure you the residents of this forest live harmoniously with our natural world at every turn.

I will assume to be occupying lands outwith your sanctuary until such clarification is made. I look forward to additional correspondence but would prefer a visit to the forest by one of your Rangers or representatives.

Signed,
    Vandalin
  4. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

The ranger station is located on the fork to the right up a ways just pass the Britain mountain pass. A new Warden is being trained currently, we are accepting volunteers for Park Rangers.

Yes the notices are to inform nearby settlements of the change. The area you mention, Village of Paws is close enough to grant warning. P'S was also given a warning but they are not inside the sanctuary zone. All settlements will receive the regulation if they are near the sanctuary zone or within it.

Thank you for your concern. When the Ranger station is open we will have maps outlying the sanctuary zone.
    Vandalin and binlagin like this.
  5. Vandalin

Dear Ranger,

Thank you for your reply but I feel it provides no more detail than your original letter. I look forward to the completion of the ranger station but must admit myself and some of the nearby settlers are very nervous in this period of uncertainty. We have been warned of potential lethal punishment for actions committed, we believe, not within your territory. We shall pursue our regular livelihoods until we are presented with the new zoning map. I hope you find this agreeable.

Regards,
    Vandalin
  6. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

Thanks for your response.

Our warden is currently being trained. The notice was merely.. a notice. These rules shall not go into place until the Warden is completely trained and on site. We will be revising the regulations we sent out to better clarify the zone for the Sanctuary. Currently it is all the area East past the Britain passage to the Skara Brae crossing as far North as the Ranger Station with a vertical path going up all the way from there (West) to the shoreline and all the way down (East) to the mountain range and as far South as the Hedge maze going all the way up (East) from the closest point of the maze. The Village of Paws is not within these guidelines.

Anyone caught poaching will be subject to severe consequences within our regulation.

Here's a note for everyone! Turkey season is coming up! You will need a Hunting License before it starts if you want to hunt within the sanctuary!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    eherruh and Vandalin like this.
  7. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

A more detailed map has been created and is currently posted at the Ranger Station... which is still under construction.

Side note:

We are now hiring for Park Rangers! Come and do your part!
    Vandalin likes this.
  8. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Please post a map here when you can, I'm just trying to ascertain where your jurisdiction and mine meet.
    Hoominaga and One like this.
  9. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

Message Inquiry:

The Crooked Warden,

We are glad to know there are more out there just like us. I would love to know what your jurisdiction is as well. I do currently have a map available, but if it is acceptable I would prefer to give it to you "in-game." Perhaps we can pool together our resources some time and co-ordinate with disposing of trash when need be.

Sincerely,

The Forestry Service.
  10. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

The Forestry Service would like to announce that we soon will be open. We have chosen our Warden, he is in training now... takes time to develop an investigator, of course. We would like to inform you of some of the ventures we will be pursuing.

They follow:

Treasure events
    Scavenger hunts
    Hunting Seasons
    and our own Bounty board of any would be poachers (with rewards).

More is to come. We look forward to seeing you!
    PaddyOBrien and One like this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  12. Vandalin

I beg you to find and punish the treasure hunters who allow monsters to roam free. South of the bridge on the road to Trinsic.
  13. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

And by what authority, if I might ask, are you forming this so called "Forest Service"? I don't believe I've heard anything about changes to the woods outside Britain at the King's court!
  14. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

Under the Authority of the elected people of Skara Brae and the willingness of the people of Sosaria do I hereby form the Forestry Service. Any attempts to overrule this decision can only be made in Court within the next 30 days before it is permanent.

I am however seeking a new Park Ranger, and I know you would be a great candidate!
  15. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

We only handle what is within our jurisdiction, thank you for your inquiry.
  16. Vandalin

Please post a map here as soon as you are able!
  17. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

A map will be provided "in-game" for your convenience, at no charge.
  18. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Post a map online already!
  19. Forestry Service

Forestry Service Member

A map will be provided "in-game" for your convenience, at no charge.

The Ranger Station will be open this Saturday with maps for the public, free of charge!
  20. Vandalin

A map to the Ranger Station, perhaps...

:p
    The Crooked Warden and eherruh like this.