A Knight's Tale: The Sosarian

Discussion in 'Knights of Sosaria [KoS]' started by Lightshade, May 15, 2017.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The door groans in protest as his squire pulls it open. The staff quickly scurry in ahead of the lord and all the footsteps echo upon the flagstone tiles.

Little dust motes swirl around the feet of the staff as they hurry to open the windows and let the light in for the first time in many moons. The lord slowly walks down the hall as the light begins to grow like the sun coming up in the east. Upon everything is sheets, which the servants begin to remove.

The lord had been away from these hallowed halls and had almost forgotten the upwelling of emotion he got when entering. The hall built by common people with common goals for peace and prosperity.

Peace had reigned supreme in the land for quite some time, but dark tidings were beginning to trickle in via the lord's messengers.

The lord's gaze had been upon lands far distant for quite some time, and during that time a darkness had begun to creep back into the realm. Tales of attacks by creatures resembling humans, but yet nothing like humans had begun to circulate. Horses eaten....gold and jewelry stolen....things left behind soiled in a most barbaric manner. That was what survived the burnings. Captives ransomed. Town coffers were dwindling and supply trains to the front lines had started dwindling. The latter not being an issue as the battles afar were all but down aside from a few minor holdouts.

The realm was whole and safe once more....until this...

With skills that he claimed he knew nothing of, the lord sensed someone new walking up behind him at some distance. He turned and faced a silver-haired man that moved with an ease of grace that belonged to a mountain lion. Judging by his attire of leathers and moccasins, he looked to have spent most of his time in the wilderness.

As he got closer, the lord bid him welcome as his guards looked to him for guidance. The stranger walked up to the Lord and simply said, "I am here to offer my services to the realm." The lord asked, "What name do you go by?" The stranger simply replied, "Sosarian".

It was then that the lord recognized this man from his youth.

"Well, if you are to serve the realm, then we will have to add to that name in time. Assuming that you are found worthy by my Knights, which I doubt will be an issue given my previous experience with you many years ago, you will be welcomed into the ranks. Go to the barracks and report to the squadron leader. We are still getting situated after having been gone for so long, but I am sure they will find you a place and some food in the meantime. Peace to you, Sosarian."

The Sosarian simply nodded with the barest hint of a smile and flowed out the door heading towards the barracks.

As he gazed upon the statues in the hall, the lord wondered aloud, "will this Sosarian's bow still be what I remember?"
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Jupiter, Muguk, Valrick and 3 others like this.