A letter from the Quartermaster

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Ningauble, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hello there! The Quartermaster here.

Got my armor needs met for the guards, now I need something for the leather-wearin' boys. Well that sounded better in my head... No matter. I need tailors. Now, no self-respectin' tailor needs an apprentice, so it's every man, or as close as a pansy-ass tailor can come ta bein' one, for himself. Now no fighting now, or whatever it is you ladies call all that slappin', but yer welcome to block each other all ya want with walls n such.

Now those idiot blacksmiths and their no-talent runners had some trouble understanding a few simple, yet probably overly-complicated, rules so I went and got out my paints...yeah..I got paints, what's it to ya...and decided to tell you the rules in pictures too. Why? Because you pinheads are even dumber than those blacksmiths are, that's why.

You start in the armory on the ground floor of the center tower. Where the X is. Pretend yer a pirate-tailor. Make yerself a hat. ARR! No, you don't have to make yourself a hat dummy, that was a joke. See what I mean....

I tell you what kind of armor I want and off you go to the store rooms of the east tower to find the materials and craft the order. Again, no combat or paralyzing or any of that type of thing, but stone walls and energy fences and object blocking is allowed. The outside doors are locked so you will have to go up and over.

The first 6 tailors to put a container (there will be plenty about) with the completed, GM-marked, order inside the armory on the first floor of the center tower will advance to the second round. The first 3 tailors finishing in the second round will advance to the finals. However, losers, hang in there because there will be a loser's bracket run off for the coveted 4th spot in the finals.

The losers of the first and second rounds will be given a special race. Somewhere in the West tower will be stashed pieces of colored cloth, the first loser tailor to bring to me a jester suit and jester hat will get to compete with the winners from the winners bracket for one last chance.

The final round the finishers will be ranked by their time to complete and the first through third place prizes will be awarded. The tailor that comes in 4th in the final round gets to wear that jester suit and hat for the group photo.

**And before anyone asks. No, I have no idea whats going on with that arrow, apparently I was just feeling enthusiastic about arrows**

I'm calling this one the Sew-n-Sprint.

SSstart.jpg SSbetween.jpg SSfind.jpg SSfinish.jpg

ARRR! Har!

Rules are simple.

• No mounts or summons
    • Use only materials provided. No outside materials allowed.
    • No combat, stun punches, paralyze or offensive spells allowed.
    • Wall of Stone and Energy Field are allowed.
    • As usual I may have forgotten something so some rules are subject to change.
    Date: Monday, 4/7/14
    Time: 7pm CST (Central Standard Time - US)
    Place: Sosarian Event Center

First Prize: 75k
    Second Prize: 50k
    Third Prize: 25k

Winners and their wares will be given a place of honor in our Row of Champions and probably something cool from Telamon. Fourth Place....you can keep that jester suit.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Zyler, Liberation, Basoosh and 2 others like this.
  2. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

can't wait!
  3. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

GRAH!!!! Awl uu dumhed umies ged owt ub uruk hai huhtz!!!!! Eems wyl clomp uu tyl uur fayce fawls uff!!! Dat URK Gukka es da bezd ebber gukka en heem wyl wyn dis fer da hai!!!
    Xegugg likes this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

I apologize but it appears the real world is rudely encroaching into my better world and I will be unable to meet the original 3/23 date. I have to postpone the event one week to Sunday, 3/30 instead. I have updated the original post with the new date.
  5. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Due to a conflict with a Summoners Sprint event happening at the same time, the event will be postponed one more week until Sunday April 6th at the same time and place. Thank you for the understanding and as always your support.
    Jupiter, ReZon and Wise like this.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Sorry!
  7. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Okay, due to another conflict with yet another event....yeah really....I am postponing til Monday evening, the 7th, at 7pm CST. As far as I know that time slot is clear. I'm not going to postpone again, if it doesn't happen this time I'm burning the towers to the ground with myself inside! I apologize once again, but apparently the Sunday evening time slot is a popular one and I would rather not step on anyone else's events. Thank you for your understanding.
    Liberation and Jupiter like this.
  8. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

you're a patient man, ning!
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

....Jupiter sits in an all important corporate meeting with the magistrates and magistrisses of the land. As the speaker concludes his opening remarks, Jupiter's focus is rudely torn from his peaceful day dream as he hears the announcement "..and the stock in Paws appears a little shakey based on recent reports that the quarter master has failed to deliver a critical shipment of leather armor. I hope I don't need to remind you how important the military contracts are to our future goals do I?"

"Not at all head council! In fact, I personally looked into this matter before arriving," Jupiter lied. He had no real idea what had prevented the shipment, but he knew a show of uncertainty during this meeting of wolves would not end well.

"well what was the cause, more importantly what is your plan to address this?," the head council man's gaze was solid.

"well the exact delay was due to perhaps an unfortunate series of unanticipated events, mainly having to do with the terrible mess that was left in the event towers by the blacksmiths, and admittedly there may have been some less than sober men on the cleaning staff. But my plan to correct this will come from my very own pockets. For just today I had a messenger send out flyers announcing that any able bodied tailor who arrives, up to the first fifty, will receive a platinum coin!"

the room erupted with applauds as Jupiter presented his plan. He just hoped it would be enough to secure the continued funds to keep the event towers open...

--------

Jupiter's flyer:
    To the first fifty tailors who show up to assist the quarter master, you will be awarded one platinum coin regardless of your placement in the finals. Platinum reward will be presented at the end of the event and upon verification that at least one piece of armor was crafted with your makers mark.