A little story of SoF - i love you guys

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by merlin8666, Sep 22, 2018.

1. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

While the following doesn't beat Evil Dead's video of Bucs because my playing hours are well different to "peak time" here because i live in London, the following is a story worth telling.

Doing my usual PK run yesterday, I came across abox and his pets at Covetous. The kill was rather quick.

upload_2018-9-22_15-28-41.png

I was in a good mood, so I duly resurect abox, leave his pets and his loot alone. Within a minute of that happening, Red Beard (a tamer) and Alf (a pk) join the scene and aggro me. At this point I am at like 20 mana so I build distance. Alf continues to chase me through level 1 and into level 2 where he met his end.

upload_2018-9-22_15-30-32.png

I am still in a good mood, and happy that I had the chance to 1 v 1 someone from SOF. So again, I duly resurect Alf, leave his stuff alone and thank him for the fight. Silence, not a word from Alf as he loots his body, so I proceed back to find abox in the hope to have a little chat. Alas, Alf rolls in and starts attacking me - we go back and forth until eventually he recalls out.

Fast forward half hour, I find my dear friends Alf and Ermey - who i presume to be Red Beard - harassing the Ice Champ. This time the odds are even, 2 v 2, out in the field. Didn't take long for Ermey to bite the snow (get it? bite the dust.. get it?).

upload_2018-9-22_15-34-0.png

The resulting minutes were spent chasing Alf from Ice Champ through to Ice Dungeon, to SOF town and finally to Alf's patio where he managed to get in securely and disengage from combat.

Fortunately for me, Alf was so scared and hugging the opposite wall of the door too much, that he succumbed to my magic.

upload_2018-9-22_15-35-37.png

The end.

As a final note, while not part of this story but indirectly related. The following is when SOF goes PKing:
    upload_2018-9-22_15-38-14.png

And this is when i go PK

upload_2018-9-22_15-38-37.png
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    BlackEye, WarrenBuffet, One and 9 others like this.
  2. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This was a nice read. SOF has turned into the new TT rez killing and horse kills from what I've seen.
  3. John5375

John5375 Active Member

Funny thing is most of you people don't see shit cause your to busy forum pvpin or hiding in your house
    Evil Dead likes this.
  4. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Or busy being a parent to special needs kids. Ya know forum pvp and parenting go hand in hand ya loser :) lol
    Hadrian likes this.
  5. SandyRavage

SandyRavage Active Member

Don’t do that Thelax. Don’t come in here white knighting like you’re above Rez killing and horse kill, you’re a shitlord. I know this because I’m a shitlord, hell you even taught me a thing or two back in the day. Stop trying to be something you’re not. BTW last I heard you got banned for stream sniping a guy, getting in his account and deleteing his chars?
    medas, One, wylwrk and 3 others like this.
  6. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

So your response is an under-gflorified " I know you are but what am I?"

What sorts of things did I teach you? Who are you?

Yes I did get in trouble and was put on a very hefty bad boy time out. Lesson learned though and moving positively throughout UO:R!
    ElleFeyRa likes this.
  7. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Active Member

You comprised someone's account and deleted characters ?
    Gavyn Lughna and One like this.
  8. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

You know when these guys start shitting over the commentary and ignoring the main topic at hand where this is all really at. :D
  9. Nose Goblin

Nose Goblin Active Member

I mean, I'm only asking because if true it would speak volumes on your character and I'm genuinely curious.
    medas likes this.
  10. SandyRavage

No my response is FUCK YEAH we do that shit!! Just like you would!!! PUSSSSSSYYYYY
  11. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

Thelax is a signature stealer.
    Hadrian and Hoominaga like this.
  12. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I'm tired of repetitively hearing all the crying that SOF is just a zerg guild. We have had these numbers since TB/Anarchy/KP were also large active PvP guilds. It's not our fault we are the only guild who stood strong through time with loyal and active members. Everyone just wants to bitch about it while SOF basically fights the whole servers PvP scene teamed up against us. Nut up or shut up SOF is here to stay and fight like our numbers or not fucking bring it.
    Cypherus, One, scuba and 4 others like this.
  13. merlin8666

Well said. Still doesn't change that you're zerging :)

Great fun today at Destard guys, Heavy losses on all sides - but good ol' SoF pulled the short stick by loosing 2 secure CYs. Feel free to post your death shots: (I died with my target "Dai")
    upload_2018-9-22_20-47-0.png

upload_2018-9-22_20-48-50.png

upload_2018-9-22_20-49-17.png
  14. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

Didn't stand a chance to that mare pack once my heal wand was all burned up.
    :/
  15. John5375

John5375 Active Member

Shit talking aside I had fun and hope it keeps up
    merlin8666 likes this.
  16. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Its well said, and its good that there is pvp on this shard and i even appreciate group sizes like this since this hasnt realy been the case in a while.

The issue however is the way how you roll, how you manage stuff, and how you treat your opponents.
    Its hard to find a group of pvpers that fight with such low dignity.
    Basically everything "your average SOF core member" (insert name) ever did was using cheap tactics and numbers to win, but yeah... i guess at one point i stopped caring about it, it has been this way since the origingl "Thiefes Guild - TG" and i guess thats getting ~3 years by now.

Edit: This may be the case for many of your players, but there has been also some decent individuals in that group of players over the years... some already left the group, some went on to other things... but i just wanted to add that there also used to be players in that group ive had respect for.
  17. SandyRavage

Say whatever the fuck you want but no member of SOF have ever used of 3rd part programs! You talk about dignity blah blah blah. Well at least we won’t whore our selves so low as to fucking cheat. And to be clear I’m not saying YOU do those things either but you need to look the fuck around just because you don’t like our attitudes. Ever think our attitudes are shit precisely because we been here a long time and seen things?
    Evil Dead likes this.
  18. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This was not about 3rd party programms, or cheating against the server rules. Its about your pvp etiquette and general attitude. And why are you still hiding behind a 2nd forum account... Sterling?
    Gavyn Lughna, RavenMagi and Valrick like this.
  19. merlin8666

Please keep all posts to bids, thank you
    ElleFeyRa, PaddyOBrien and Rad like this.
  20. SandyRavage

I cannot speak for other SOF members. But you mentioned our attitudes, my attitude is piss poor because I’ve seen people constantly do whatever the hell they wanted and get away with it, I’ve seen players use 3rd party programs still allowed to play here. I’ve seen players banned for their personal opinion given in private. So I’m done with this thread. I Promise to continue to yank you fucks, shit talk Merlin for being part of a group that is everything wrong with this server, I will continue to kill your horses, I will continue to take great enjoyment in watching third rate pvpers cry here cause all the god ones got ran off or quit!