A Night in Hythloth

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Cero, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

**Cero raises his glass and looks around the rooftop at the gathering, a few sturdy men and one questionable orc.**

A toast! Before we head into the depths of Hythloth and teach these daemon-kin a thing or two about our blades! Everyone knows the plans, take no prisoners and send these abyssal scum back to which ever layer of hell they call home!

**The party, consisting of Cero of the Guard, Aragorn of the Dark Octopus, Darnell Williams of the Wood, and Calypso Ninja Orc, depart the Emerald in Ocllo**

Start.jpg

Form up! I can smell the sulfur already, and we just entered this hateful place. Remember, take no prisoners and send these wretched creatures back to Hell!

One.jpg

A curious sight indeed...does the Easter Bunny reside somewhere in the depths of Hell during the off season?

Two.jpg

**The party grows by one, Thelax joins on the hunt of this wretched place.**

Calypso, what are your kin doing down here in these tunnels, and damnit...what are they saying!

Three.jpg

**A murderer appears and is quickly turned from hunter to hunted...the party gives chase!**

Cut him off and do not let him get off that spell, who knows what reinforcements await on the other side of that gate! We can take him at the cursed hallway, he will have to slow or be caught in its pull!

Darnell take the shot!

**With the murder...I can not recall his name...Ahh yes! Eastwood!...about to make his escape, Darnell lines up his shot and lets loose, taking Eastwood from his mount.**

Four.jpg

**With the chase of the murderer depleting the mages reagents, they depart leaving the hardy to forge on into the depths.**

Let us finish clearing this level before we have to figure out that cursed hallway and head deeper!

Five.jpg

The crown jewel of the night...figuring out that dreaded hallway on foot!

No step here...then there *warp* ...Damnit, I am back at the start!

Finally the end! That took considerable effort and some problem solving I will need to wash down with some ale!

Six.jpg

Strange gargoyles live down here, and I have heard of a den of succubus somewhere within this hateful place.

**The plans are set, seek out this den and slay the succubus...easier said then done!**

Seven.jpg

**The first casualty**

Aragorn "Now THIS is an adventure!"

Aragorn look out! Damn, quick Darnell distract this bastard while I get Aragorn back on his feet! And do not let that Collector get your soul as well!

Eight.jpg

**It did not get any better for Aragorn of the Dark Octopus**

Nine.jpg

**Finally the party is at the entrance to the Succubus lair, and plans are drafted**

Alright, I will provoke the Imps. Aragorn you have had more success with the daemon-kin, make the succubus your first target. Darnell you cover us and rain arrows on them slowing their progress.

**Although it was not capture in pictures, the battle was hectic to say the least, neither of our parties provokes went as planned. Daemons spawned behind the battle lines and all hell broke loose. Both Aragorn and Darnell were slain and Cero made a last ditch effort to save the party**

Come on you blasted tambourine, you have to work this time! Ha ha, success! Darnell, Aragorn! Show your spirits and I will revive you!

**The effort worked and a successful provoke lured the two succubus onto each other. With the party revived victory was within their grasp.**

Ten.jpg

**Before more turmoil could befall the party, they deemed it worthy to make a quick retreat and emerged back into the light.**

Eleven.jpg

**A special thanks to a certain papuian for the rescue during the balron room...we bit off more then we could chew and needed a distraction. This was not recorded either!**

@Aragorn - OCT @jake @Destruction @Thelax @snap dragon @Eastwood(sorry don't know your forum account)

It was a pleasure getting out there for this adventure, what started out as a random hunt turned into some chaotic battles with bot the chase of Eastwood and the Balron/Succubus fights. I look forward to more such hunts and randomness in the future!

Sorry it took me so long to get this written up...it happened a few weeks ago!
  2. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

*Looks at Calypso and points* Heem nub orc. Ee tink dat Oomie hit heem hed on sumtin dat giv heem brayne dammige. * sneers*
    Pekka, Aragorn - OCT, Cero and 2 others like this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You know it goes as they say, "One night in Hythloth makes a hard man humble".
    Jupiter, Pekka, Aragorn - OCT and 2 others like this.
  4. Krothu

Krothu Well-Known Member

One night in Hythloth and the tough guys tumble, can't be to carful with your company....
    Aragorn - OCT, Cero and wylwrk like this.
  5. Destruction

Destruction Active Member

A truly great adventure. I am glad the tale of this eventful night has now been told. I look forward to more excitement with this fantastic group!
    Aragorn - OCT and Cero like this.
  6. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to live long enough to tell the tale. Not many adventurers can face a Balron and leave the dungeon - especially Hytloth.

I am a True Brittanian and a protector of good. Therefore, I offer my war hammer to you and your party for the next adventure. I am sure that an extra warrior can be useful, especially with murderers roaming around.

Do get in touch once you're planning the next trip, I heard tales of an Ancient Wyrm deep in the dungeons of Destard...
    Aragorn - OCT and Cero like this.
  7. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow that image of Darnell lining up his shot is pretty darn epic.
    Aragorn - OCT, Destruction and Cero like this.
  8. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Yes I thought so too, guess corpse capture lines up perfectly with the bow shot animation!
  9. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

When Jasnah heard my reluctant report back at the cabin in Cove, she spat her ale all over our balcony. Although, the head of Eastwood the murderer that I tossed at her feet seemed to impress her. Until I told her there were four of us. She hasn't let me live down the fact that I died twice down there... We needn't mention numbers next time we gather, right gents? What happens in Hythloth, stays in Hythloth.

OOC: That was a fantastic night! I loved playing with new folks, even if one of them was an Orc. ;) And it never is an adventure until I die a few times. I was quite impressed with Cero's bardic/healer arts resurrecting Darnell and I in the midst of bloody combat outside the succubus den. Well done sir!

Here's to another adventure! Also, I'm pretty sure it all began while being connected in the IRC RP channel @Brekken Roderik

Cheers.
    Cero and Destruction like this.