A question regarding clothing:

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Aragorn - OCT, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

I've recently considered an outfit to role play with, but I'd like to bless the clothes so I won't lose them (I die all the time). I seem to recall hearing someone beating another afk person with clubs until his mask(?) broke. I've probably got the details wrong, but it does raise the question:

What clothing (hat, robe, boots, mask, etc) will break down and may become destroyed, and how does this occur? Is it only from melee, mace damage, or does this not matter?

If I'll risk breaking clothing, I'll just off load it and roll the cheap replaceable stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Aragorn
  2. Ducky

Ducky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You can use fortification powder to increase and repair the HP of your clothing items, +10 per use. As to how and when items take damage some one else will have to chime in on that.

Side note - You can also check your clothing HP quickly by viewing your player profile, it will update on server syncs.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/player/203498

Aragorn - OCT likes this.
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

If my memory serves me right, as long as you are wearing one piece of armor your clothing will take no durability damage with the exception of hats/masks as they will be the armor check for a blow to the head. Once all your armor is off it begins to do the check on shirts/robes/kilts/skirts. Capes and Footwear I believe will never take damage because they are not part of an armor check(I could totally be wrong here). To avoid your headgear from taking damage, replace with a helmet or use Fort powder to repair it from time to time.

As Ducky said above, you can check it with the online tool, or if I am not mistaken your headgear can be checked with Armslore(not sure on this though).

Hope this helps!
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

If you use the fortifying powder on an item of cloth until it's at it's max durability, it will take someone (or some people) HOURS to break it even if they are directly damaging it. Like, almost an entire day.

If you don't go AFK somewhere that people can attack you for more than 10 hours... you don't need to worry about this at all.
  5. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Some of your clothing (robe, some hats) might be available as newbied clothing (that which you get when making a new character). You can google to find a list of all stuff you spawn with for every skill.
  6. Aragorn - OCT

I've never noticed the HP part in the player profile. Excellent, Ducky. Thank you.

Good to know. That really puts the issue to rest. Thanks Snap.
    Oh, as a follow up, can you apply and reapply fort powder 'indefintely'? Will the clothing eventually break? I'm not really concerned anymore, just curious at this point.

Yeah, excellent point. I've done this on other characters. Just wanted to go with some 'named' clothing for another character instead.

Thank you all for the responses.

Cero! We must find fame and fortune again! Tis been too long since our swords beat back the horde (read: 'since Aragorn died'). (And thanks for your response as well.)
    Cero likes this.
  7. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You can indefinitely keep it repaired with the fort powder. It's cheap too, I doubt anyone has really needed to fort an item more than once though.
  8. Aragorn - OCT

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Off to bless the clothing.

Cheers.