A Sensible Default UO client/Razor Setup

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Vlar, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Recently I lost all my binds/macros/settings everything.

So I've been doing my best since then to do it right from the start. My goal has been to create a profile/UO desktop/settings setup that makes the most sense. I think we can all agree the default is not even functional and probably turns off a lot of new players.

My goal here is to make UO about UO and not Razor, especially for all the new players.

What I want your help in is helping me figure out what makes the most sense, efficiency wise, PvP wise, frequency of use etc. Also I need your restock agents. That way instead of explaining to a new player to add every single item he might want to loot ever to his restock agent we can tell him to hit the 'loot' button. Also -- why doesn't Razor come pre-programmed with blue potions? Explaining to a new player the process of adding the image and format etc. makes me cry inside.

Obviously there are going to be some things that just don't translate to all profiles (i.e. my bard provos on mouse4 my tamer all kills) but I think we can do a hell of a lot better than what new players encounter now.

Watch this space and I'm going to post what I've got so far.
    Basoosh, Wise and Bonham like this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bump for Vlar doing what my lazy ass is too lazy to do
  3. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Nice idea!
    Wise likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Believe it or not I'm still fiddling around with this uber 'default' profile.

I'll post it up soon. Next week or so.
  5. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Ahh ok.. I was hoping to find out how to use the restock agent to loot corpses for me. Mostly just the gems and gold. I guess just make the agent restock you with gold and gems and then select the corpse as the place to restock from?
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Blaise has his restock agent that basically loots it all somewhere around if you don't want to go through selecting everything slowly.

I also want to make an organize agent for classes of items you'll often move from bag to bag. I use CTRL+numpad1-0 for organize ALT+numpad2-0 for restock agents. (ie, Restock or Organize 1 will be gems, 2 scrolls 3 weapons 4 armor 5 materials 6 potions 7 etc etc etc.