About these magical weapones. They worth anything?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Drave, May 4, 2018.

1. Drave

Drave Active Member

Hi all,

I'm getting some weapons with Magical Tactics Modifiers (but mosly +10 and +15). It worths anything or better go to NPC vendor and sell them?

No other modifiers.

Also I've read about armors and I can see differences between them but wht means chance to be hit (Platemail and Chainmail have .14 and rest of armors have .44).

Also I can see Bone armor have same AR than Plate armor withouh DEX penalty?

What the point of use Platemail or another kind of armor? (Except leather for Med purposes).
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

generally power and vanq weapons are the ones to keep - and of course any slayer weapons (dragon slaying, repond, silver, etc.)

magic armor, I'd keep the fortification and invulnerability armors, especially the bone. Plate sucks because of the dex loss with it. Personally I'll use junk plate armor when I need one char as a punching bag to train up combat skills on another :D
    Leopold likes this.
  3. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah pretty much what Paddy said. Plate just looks awesome. So besides the RP value, stick to Bone if you are a dexxer. Barbed Leather, of course, for mages unless you can find Invul leather.
  4. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks for the quick replys. I have a lot of armors too. But I need to identify before. I'll need to raise a a char with Item Identification.
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Just remember, a GM Item ID can identify an entire container of items at one go. It is pretty freaking amazing :)
    Leopold likes this.
  6. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks for the tip! Better than identify one by one!
  7. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

GM item ID is good to have on a fisher (don't put it on all 3 fishers because you need one to have GM tracking too) plus your lockpicker/treasure hunter. I loot everything that *might* be valuable, like all weapons except for things like skinning knives, shepherd's crooks, daggers, clubs, and then drop it all in bags in my house. I also only loot leather armor, chainmail, bone, studded gorgets, norse helms and closed helmets. Once the bag gets to 125 items or when one of my item ID characters happens to be around, I ID the entire bag. I keep anything good and sell the rest to NPC vendors.

You won't toss anything really vaulable if you follow PaddyObrien's advice, however depending on your level of "cheapness" you might consider what I do:

- Keep all slayer/repond, vanquishing and power weapons. Sometimes I keep certain force weapons like a +25 force double axe or something. You could also keep force kryss with tactical modifiers and use them for deadly poison.

- keep all invulnerability and fortification armor. I also keep "hardening" bone armor to use on a dexer who is doing something some type of event where I want a "throw away" set of armor.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Your Own Personal Dungeon Fairy
    a mini flash guide

What makes a hero? Their accomplishments? Their feats? Their legend? Nope... their field assistant! Every hero needs one and what better field assistant than a Dungeon Fairy?

A Dungeon Fairy is an alternate character with a special set of skills ready to help you pay those bills. Here's a good start...

• detect hidden
    • hiding
    • item identification
    • magery
    • meditation
    • stealth
    You can keep this assistant near a bank as a back up plan! They'll be ready should the sh__ hit the fan. Just make sure they have the same runes you do and they can send that shiny rescue beacon of blue-moongate hop with the flick of the wrist!

Item ID is awesome! Did you know you can ID everything in a player's pack just by targetting it on their paperdoll? That's useful as heck!

When you start feeling more confident, when you got your bug out plan should bad players (pk's) come round the bend, you can evolve into step 2 of the Dungeon Fairy process and bring them with you in the field!

Hide them strategically nearby as you take on evil in the darkness. Using a clever razor macro, they could remain hidden and work their detect hidden skill nearby (thieves). Perhaps a newbied bow armed and ready to "attack nearest" - "target murderer" on loop as well.

You could even use them as a hot drop machine! Scavenger agent set up to a "container by type". Run over to your hidden Dungeon Fairy and drop your "loot container". Should they detect their weight is >= xxx, they'll recall away and organizer agent the stash in a safe place, grab some fighting materials (reagents, potions, w/e) for you, recall back, and drop that bag right next to you.

Life isn't fair. Neither is UO. Players out there ARE using multiple accounts and nefarious tactics to seek and destroy one another. Approach it all like a mini-game and you just might have some fun with it.
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  9. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Wow. I've never... thought of this. If I still hunted in dungeons I would totally do this. Holy cow.
    gitchu1000 and wylwrk like this.