Abuses of the Royal Britannian Guard

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Myopia, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Myopia

Myopia New Member

May this serve as a warning to all citizens of Britannia. Last evening nearing nightfall I was enjoying a peaceful stroll through the streets of Ocllo. It was unusually quiet in the city at that time. Lost in my thoughts, I was startled when a man approached me from behind and grabbed my arm. I asked him what he was doing but without a word he threw me on the ground and began removing my clothes. I will spare you of any further details but will say that it only ended when he mercilessly attacked me with a poisoned blade before fleeing the scene. I did not realize such nasty weapons were issued to our guards!

After I collected myself from the ground and tended to my wounds I made my way back to Ocllo bank to seek help. There I encountered the man once again, declaring to all that I was a criminal and enemy of the realm. This man was unable to tell me the nature of my own crimes, adding to the fact that he did not identify himself before attacking me. This subjective use of law enforcement has become a plague throughout Britannia. Needless to say, this guard only wanted one thing, and will likely not face any repercussions for his vile deeds.

Officers of the RBG should not be trusted. Stay safe, citizens.

Sadly, as I am unable to obtain legal representation being without noble blood, I am offering a reward of 30,000 gold pieces for the head of the guard called Lion.

Unless the standards and practices of our city guards have failed greatly, I do not believe this man is representing himself honestly, and is in fact an imposter.

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 00.29.12.png

-Myopia
    eherruh, wylwrk, Pekka and 7 others like this.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Such savagery should surely not go unpunished!
    Myopia likes this.
  3. Myopia

Myopia New Member

I believe I have recovered the weapon used by Lion to assault me in Ocllo. I can only hope he has not used it to harm others as well!

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 12.00.11.png Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 12.01.09.png

I will keep this weapon somewhere safe until I am able to find help with my investigation. Is it possible a guard of Britannia is using unauthorized weapons from a shady unknown arms dealer to assault innocent civilians?

Please, please help me citizens.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Just follow the crotchfire beacons and they will lead you to him!
    Hadrian and Sheepdog like this.
  5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

One less illegal weapon on the streets.

I wonder if the grandmaster smith knows it's being used for illicit activities or if he chooses to look the other way in exchange for gold?
  6. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

After hearing from this incident, Erza went into her bureau to form a small statement letter which reads:

------ ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
    To the people of Britannia:

Dont get fooled by false accusations of self proclaimed "victims"
    Law Enforcement, which happened here, should never be put into the same line as execution.

Signed, Erza Scarlet
    Commander of the Knights of Stormhold

----- ----- ----- ---- ----- -----
    Pekka and Hadrian like this.
  7. Myopia

Myopia New Member

Dear Erza,

I have still not been informed of what crime I allegedly committed, nor have I been offered a fair trial. I am but a simple farm girl and occasional beggar. I traveled to Ocllo only to seek assistance before the arrival of another lean winter. No enforcement of the law happened here!

If this is considered normal conduct of your guards, the citizens deserve a full review as our safety has been put at risk.

Stormhold sits in ruin and you dare try to assert authority?!

-Myopia
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  8. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member

The beacon has been lit, it seems.
    Busy day.jpg

Ahh, dear Myopia,

I am charmed that your scorn has reached a height I thought not possible by an indulgent wastrel that goes about her day picking off the fair earnings of the fine folk of Sosaria in order to cater to her own vanity.

Some crow or another will come to collect on your bounty, of this I am sure. These lands are home to all types.
    Your invitation for drink would have been nice,

----------
    "Make merry they say, yet how can I hide the deepest sorrows of my heart?
    Perhaps by raising a glass... of the winemakers art"
    ----------

Yet instead you further your criminal actions by assaulting my horse.
    Who did recover from his minor injury.

For a lass that got back what was hers minus of course a little pride,
    I am surprised however that you would then travel to the fair city of Yew and 'lift' a broken blade and 'thank you' letter from the steps of a fine smiths workshop.

Fireforge.jpg

A thank you letter... Truly...
    That blade had served me well... *shakes his head*
    Another letter can be made - as can another blade be bent out of form.

Your pride, that will take more than a good day of honest work.

Though in the trade of one gesture to another, beware criminal swine,
    Myopia.jpg
    There is a new town guard, if you have the bollocks to walk up next to him while holding the status of wanted criminal.
    Please do not hesitate to expect the Myopia experience. As the name would suggest, she was lacking foresight.

- Lion
  9. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member

Incorrect. That blade was a fine training instrument that lasted its lifetime, from the beginning of my swordsmanship training to the very end.
    That fellow Tank Fireforge does craft fine steel.

The blade/s you were dispatched with were both one of my fine halberds and another that was unfortunately barreled, as it had outlived its usage, after taking the head of 'titty head' on the streets of Skara Brae. Shooing yet another street rat on about his way after leaving him with his new document.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On behalf of all that is good and all that is fair.
    Crimes2.jpg
    On behalf of his Majesty, Lord British.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do thieves identify themselves before stealing?
    Do thieves identify themselves before robbing from the blind?

Consider this my identification.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    There once was a gal named Myopia,
    Who'd commit theft while amidst cornucopia,
    She'd steal from folk fair,
    Aye, rob a man bare,
    Forsooth, not in this Lion's Utopia.

- Lion
    -------------------------------------------------------------

*At the coined rate on most bounties placed on the heads of murderers,
    you could kill either 30,000 murderers or one Lion... *chuckles* I am honoured in a strange way*
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Being implicated as a potential witness to the accusations for prosecution and defense, I've taken an official statement from
    a travel gnome. It simply states...

"I dindu nuffin"

There you have it. I believe this further proves and absolutely solidifies the neutral position of Gnometrotter Inc.