Account Limit 3

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Double Vision, Nov 21, 2012.

Would you like to see the account limit 3 instead of 2?

1. Yes an extra account would help

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes but only if houses per account have a limit

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. no not really

20 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Been a big topic lately about if the account limit should be raised to 3 instead of 2, so here's a poll.

Reasons I think it would be a good idea.

1. Server first few months was server was mainly afkers, because people had their two accounts tied up. So people would go and play other games instead of having a 3rd account to play on. This would allow people to macro & play. ( in response to anyone who says use a friend to help, Not everyone new here has friends or guildies and some like playing solo or your friend isn't always on when you can macro or he may be busy doing his characters or something else. This would allow more freedom for individuals)

2. When people pick a server to play alot of them look for servers who have alot of people online, adding a 3rd account would increase the number of accounts making the server look more popular which will draw more people. Eventually the more population we have the more people will want to come to a high populated server which has worked on higher populated servers.
    ( some people say people will come and see everyone afk even with 3 accounts, not the case alot of people will not have flexability to play on a 3rd account while they are macroing on there other two which will make the server look alot more lively.

3.People wanna try new templates out without having to delete crafters etc they took for ever to create. This allows people to make and try all templates.

I do say however that if 3rd account was every added there would have to be a limit to housing so people don't have 15 houses, a limit to bods so people aren't just making 15 crafters for bods & should be limited to only two accounts allowing factions so people dont point farm & have a character in each faction.
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Would have preferred a plain old 'no' option.

Since Beta, I have never had a problem training, on self or with others. Account limitations do not impede gameplay. If anyone feels hindered by this, PM me and I will find someone else who needs to train so they can setup. I have done this for well over a dozen players coming to this shard, and I will continue to do so, as a proponent of the account limitation and the BENEFIT it gives to the community. If you like playing solo, go ahead. Train on your two accounts while you sleep and you can play when you wake up. More accounts for the sake of better automated training is unworthy, in my opinion.

"making the server look more popular"
    I want the server to BE more popular, not just LOOK the part. Bigger online numbers that are a sham and not really indicative of more people, is a double edged sword. When people get in, only to realize it's still only 40-50 people playing, they will leave just as fast as they came, in my opinion. Eventually, when more people are here, the excessive accounts and homeowners and BoD factories will make new players feel put out, just like they do on every other shard that has 15 houses per person.

Please list for me all the templates you want to try that you don't have room for. If you have more than one crafter of a certain type, you are a BoD farmer and that was your choice. Delete one and try a new template. I have two accounts, and I still have room.
    Here's my list:
    Bard, Tamer, Archer/Fencer PvM guy, Parry Macer, LJ Swordie, Archer Mage, Tailor/Craftbot (eventual smithy/tinker, yes they can have more than one skill), Heal Mage and (edited) my Naturalist and one random mule yet to be decided.

If you are limited by that, rebuild a character and if it's tedious, pick one that wasn't so hard to train (heal mage can be solo trained all the way as an example).
    People are already BoD farming (Mr. 9 Tailors is the OP, even if he deleted 'some' already), people are already point farming in Factions and Faction Hopping as well.

This is a multiplayer game at its core and I feel that three accounts is excessive and unnecessary. I don't know anyone who has left the shard because they can't have three accounts.

I'm sure the greatest tangible benefit to this would be for murderers who don't want their alts known and don't want to make friends to train themselves out of statloss. Simple solution, don't be a criminal and you won't suffer the consequences.

Again, PM me if 2 accounts is really hindering your experience and I will find someone to train with you or use my unused account to train with you.

Direct quote from the OP's first thread on this topic found HERE
    by Ezekiel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm
    "We have no plans to increase the account limit above 2 per player."
    One likes this.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

That was while back when Ezekial posted that which at the time they probably didn't have any plans to do it but since then from what was talked about with telamon a 3rd account could be added later on when kinks are worked out. Nothing is set in stone things change.

To me I don't really care because No one agrees with me anyways, I just know what works & has been proven on many other servers that have had great success so you Cannot argue with logic.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I understand, I just wanted to make sure everyone had the opportunity to read the concerns in that thread and the original stance of the administration.

I, for one, will not be pleased if they change that decision as I think it is one of the higher ranking reasons on the list of why I play here.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Assuming their success is a result of the account allowances, is not logic, it's assumption.
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

yea i dont mind either way I can live with 2, just 3 would be easier.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm glad. I appreciate you bringing this poll up and sharing your thoughts on the matter. I hope it is considered with just as much weight as my own, and I'm sure it will be.

Easier is not what I want here. If anything, I'd prefer it to be harder. That's just me though, and all the people who jump on the 'Seige Perilous' threads on other shards. The challenge and requirement to pick and choose is what keeps things interesting in my opinion.

Also, can DV and I get an 'Olive Branch' badge on the website for being so damned civil here?

*high fives*
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

right... i got nothing on my account and i was in beta, I didnt even get the troll award Blaise did... and i assisted alot of them troll comments.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

....and for that...I thank you. :)
  12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. Messiah

Messiah New Member

I think to many people focus this server around crafters, what would effect them, how can they make more money what can we do to make them more useful etc. It's not all about crafters, there's Rpers, PvPers, Pvmer etc.. The breakable house deed addons is a perfect example of this so limiting accounts cause of crafters which would not effect them in anyway further proves my point, just my two cents.
  14. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

No, 2 is more than enough.

Its too late now but a good idea might be making 1 account free and a second one pay.

If you like the server so much and play so often 5 characters is not enough, pay the good people that run the server!
    One likes this.
  15. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I would pay for a 3rd account but for one they don't sell stuff and that would be against copy rights of Ultima Online so I doubt they would risk it. However I have offered to donate before.
  16. Kryptonical

Kryptonical Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I think a 3rd account is a nice idea, because it enables you to have 2 chars macroing (with each other if need be) but also allows you to continue actually playing around.

To resolve some of the issues why not just disable placement and bods for that 3rd account?
  17. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'd like to point a lot of people saying no to this have access to supposed friends and family accounts so they are already set. Guess we'll see what happens down the road, until then I guess i have to fake a kid.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone is bitter and assuming quite a bit. Yes, both of my children have accounts. If you want, I will gladly ask Telamon or Ezekiel to show you how much they are played and/or how many homes they own (or ever will).
    They will never own homes unless they play enough to earn the gold. I will never play their characters and as such, they will likely remain undeveloped forever. My daughter likes to play dress up and my son plays like 30 different games and hasn't bothered much here since launch.
    Hell, if it's really that big of a deal, they can delete the accounts because the most that has happened is my son trained some LJ and healing on one character. No big loss really if they want to start playing again.

I'd like to point out that you are throwing a fit because you can't have what you want. Guess we'll see what happens down the road. Until then, I guess we'll have to deal with you being a kid.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I might, but not likely, support 3 accounts IF it was one Faction/BoD Char/HOME OWNER per account.

Three max BoD chars (Tailor OR Smith), Three max homes per player, Three Factioners. Maybe do-able, but I still don't like the idea of that many characters per player.

You can macro on my alts.
  20. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Apparently you don't know how to listen to staff after a few warnings. This isn't trash talk and that comment wasn't directed to you but instead of dealing with it in my own way since this a Discussion thread I'll Pm Staff to deal with it, I'm done dealing with you.