Advice for warrior build

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Nobbu, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Nobbu

Nobbu New Member

Hello everyone!

I am a new player here on uo renaissance, but I know well Ultima online!
    I played a lot between 98 and 2002 when I was just a kid!
    I found the download link on play Store, installed it, and nostalgia did the rest.
    I saw that this server is very different from what I'm used to know, can you give me some tips to build my pg?
    Consider that I play ONLY with my mobile phone, so i need a very simple gameplay for solitaire pvm. I currently have these skills and stats: 96 sword 95 anatomy 93 tactics 68 lumber 65 healing 56 res spell 100 str 29 dex 25 int

I was thinking at this build:

100str 100dex 25int

GM sword, tactics, heal, lumberjack, res spell, anatomy and then maybe some magery to use runes and teleports and what else? Hiding? Animal taming/lore?

how do you advise me to build my pg? and second question, how do I get the dex up? I got to almost 100 sword and it never goes up
    Vincent Blackshadow and Kiryana like this.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Wow, playing mobile only, there should be an award for that!

As for your dex, you can hire a begger or other NPC from around town and snoop them with a loop macro (I think mobile has macros). Snooping skill is the fast-track to gaining dex. If thats not enough, you can also try camping skill.

For skills: sword, tactics, heal, anatomy, lumberjack
    (resist + hiding) - Easy to use but you wont be able to take on higher level monsters.
    (music + peace) - Should be doable with mobile, just fight in locations where you can do single monsters.
    (music + provo) - I can imaging the targeting needed for a provo build to be difficult on mobile.
  3. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

playing on mobile is a challenge... to grab health bars and target... i played a bit on mobile with my bard... i think barding will add t your char the crowd control you will need.
    i think peacemaking fits nice.. specially to use peace + target self to get out of troubles...
  4. Nobbu

Nobbu New Member

Thank you for the answers! Yes, playing from mobile it's not easy, sometime is really complex do simple things, but in this moment i have no free time, so with a mobile app i can play when i want, maybe before sleep or something else! :)

Ok i will consider the Bard build and i will try snooping!
    When i was playing, some years ago, my favourite pvm character was mage - tamer - bard, but i think that from mobile phone it could be too hard!
  5. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

I've played my tamer a bit on mobile. It's not that bad, you can set up your command macros so they appear in easily clickable boxes. Targeting is the hardest part.

I could not imagine the pain of raising taming via mobile app with no razor macros. That would be the hardest part. But if you're willing to put in the work, it is very doable once you get there.