Ahh... Young Player's

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Pharoah, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Renaissance has a awesome young player set up. lot's of things you can do with ease so you can train or whatever it may be.
    Well that whatever it may be is also looting your chests from brigands without repercussion.
    A dozen times or more now I've had (young) player's come up to my chests after popping them and digging through them just start grabbing bags and whatever else they could carry.
    Granted one time one of them got shot down by the archer that was still alive was pretty funny, But it's only funny about the first 5-8 times lol.
    Any way that if this is done they lose their young status for like 5 minutes so we can kick their ass? LOL.
    Not mad at all, but there should be some kind of *punishment* to render upon them for doing so, its definitely abuse of their status imo.
    Hell even 1 minute, just enough time to poke a fork in their eye :p.

Figured someone would agree with me or get a kick out of it if anything.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

So many varying opinions on this.
    Let's agree there won't me much of a consensus.

I'm of the opinion the island and everything on it is for the [youngs.
  3. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Its Noob Island. You should be going after the 97 other spawns not on NOOB Island.

OTOH - Im undecided on if players in the young status should be allowed to participate in those spawns w/o losing their status. I get that its a cool thing for them to see but when they can abuse their young status and just walk up to chests with HC and take what they want with impunity it seems it detracts from what they should be doing; playing the game and developing their skills. This also gives total noobs a false sense of security.

Also.... whats the opinion on not allowing players who arent in the young program to not be allowed in Ocllo? I guess its not a consideration because its such a gathering place and when the total noobs come it makes the shard look very active?
  4. Pharoah

it was more for a laugh than anything. Ive ran around the world and seen one spawn outside vesper except for that cluster&*(% outside wrong. Where else besides outside of wrong is there 97 other places???
  5. Steady Mobbin

All the normal camps that spawn things like the lizard men, brigands, rats, etc are replaced with holiday versions while these events are going on. Most if not all of them are already marked on your UOAM.
  6. Pharoah

I still see lizard men and brigand camps , i've been running around the world literally a dozen times and found none. Probably just my good luck
  7. DaBucs

DaBucs Well-Known Member

i dont think any event has started yet so you will see the normal camp spawns
  8. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Kick EVERYONE off Ocllo except YOUNG,
    They don't get to leave until the exit the program.
    Too many PingPongs, too bad you are in the big world now.
    Your kids, grandparents, dumb uncle play there.. let them.
    Too tough out there and want to run home to trammel - too bad, UOR probably not the game for you.
    Got a house there? that owner becomes YOUNG and follows the same restrictions, can never leave the island.
    As houses fall, do not allow replacement..
    All drops, spawns etc cut by 50%

In essence, Ocllo stays the same, cept vets and others gain no benefit from the trammelization needed to get new folks to try out a freeshard

My radical thoughts on Ocllo..
    NCCML and Steady Mobbin like this.
  9. Steady Mobbin