AMIB Humanoids--Slayer:Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Faber, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I was just looking at the compendium information for navigators and quartermasters, and they don't list a slayer (should be repond). Do repond weapons work on these guys, or do they not have a slayer effect? Would the same be true for the undead monsters in AMIBs?
  2. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As I understand it, repond should work for all but the undead, and silver works for the undead. I could be wrong, but I believe Deacon had told me that -- and he's probably got some of the most experience inside the aMIB instances on the shard.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Haven't been able to test this, because I cannot for the life of me find a darn Repond weapon... but I believe Telamon and Deacon and others have said what Corruption does.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

If anyone has a Repond weapon I can borrow, I'm happy to sit down and tally some hits and compare it to a similar, non-repond weapon. As a Thanks, I'll fort powder it up to 255/255 for you when I'm done.
  5. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you saying that repond is a slayer for more than just humanoids?

Back to the compendium information, a slayer is listed for the undead mobs (silver), but not for the humanoids that I listed. Does a slayer just need to be added to information, or are they immune to the effects of repond? I really want to know because I could save a lot of money only using vanq weapons. However, as I type that, I notice a legitimate difference between a repond instrument and a mere gm instrument. That alone would seem to support the influence of a slayer.
  6. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

No, thats misspeaking on my part. I kinda forgot there were things other than pirates and undead in the aMIB's. :)

I'm pretty sure that the inclusion on the compendium is the oversight, and that repond does work on the humanoids.
  7. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks corruption. I hope Telamon can confirm this.