An entry from Lex Lothar's Memoires... #2

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by LexLothar, Sep 1, 2015.

1. LexLothar

LexLothar New Member

Dear Journal,

When I woke up this morning something was off...

I immediately ran to my rooftop to check for the freshly laid eggs I'd discovered just the day before but they were nowhere to be found.

Had that lovely starling purposefully setup nest here, only to be failed by me? ... I investigated briefly but found nothing.

I immediately knew; something horrible would happen today.

[​IMG]

Flustered by my findings, but still bound to my oath, I head to the cave just South of Minoc to check on my friends the Harpies.

[​IMG]

But along the way I run into a young man by the name of Gilgamesh riding a very lovely ostard of the deepest blue.

[​IMG]

I gave him a peach as his pet looked a bit hungry, but he was rightfully hesitant.

[​IMG]

After some time explaining my role in the GoC, and our oath to protect all innocent creatures, he obliged and all was well.

[​IMG]

I made my way to the cave entrance, and decided I best bring Edwin inside with me. Something dark was in the air.

He had a bit of trouble maneuvering past tight space of the firey pillars (he's not as agile as he used to be), but eventually we made it to the heart of the harpy room, where we were suprisingly not attcked. Perhaps they are beginning to realize our intentions.

[​IMG]

We made our way a bit further in, and noticed the corpse of a slime, the same evil being we'd slain before in the depths of despise.

"Was someone else here? We best be careful. Edwin." I said... and then immediately stepped on a spike trap.

Looks like thats what got the slime afterall.

[​IMG]

A bit relieved I let my guard down and began to relax.

It seemed the cave was fairly quiet tonight, and our patrol would be relatively uneventful.

I grabbed a peach and reached around to give it to Edwin when suddenly, out of nowhere a murderer by the name of "Pork Fried Rice" ran in ready to attack.

[​IMG]

Edwin was startled by the sound of the spell cast, and bolted! But the magical llama on which Pork Fried Rice rode upon had no trouble keeping up.

[​IMG]

I made my way to a wandering healer Pork informed me was just to the West...

[​IMG]

and returned to gather the remainder of my things.

It seemed Mr. Fried Rice was more interested in other things than my sword and armor. Strange.

Was he a fellow protector of the Harpies? Confused of my intentions? ... for he did not harm my pet.

[​IMG]

Edwin suggested we head home after such an experience, and I obliged.

But on the way out of the dungeon it appeared someone else had fallen victim... but was this to Lord Pork? The body was left in tact...

I was a bit confused, but figured I should keep moving.

[​IMG]

On the way out I saw Gilgamesh exactly where he'd been before this time with another man, acting strangely.

[​IMG]

I give them a friendly reminder to take care of their loved ones.

[​IMG]

and they immediately trap me in, and attack.

[​IMG]

"This is what we've been training for!" I thought... as I drew my sword. The friend, of which I did not catch his name, immediately began to retreat.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile I see Gilgamesh casting spells off in the distance, decide I'm outnumbered, and retreat myself.... in the name of saving Edwin.

[​IMG]

To speed up our journey we took a shortcut through a magical moongate, and ran back home as fast as we could...

[​IMG]

I even brought Edwin home with me for the night as he was a bit spooked.

[​IMG]

Until next time.

Lex Lothar
    9/1/15
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015