Andruil the sheep slayer

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by eherruh, Sep 28, 2017.

1. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Much effort and care had gone into the tending of the village flock.
    [​IMG]

We gave the sheep safety and access to fertile lands. They clothed and fed us in exchange.
    [​IMG]

Now there is nothing.
    [​IMG]

Because of this man, this scum: @Andruil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Lord Krake , @Keza of P`S: While the actions of one man do not necessarily reflect upon the broader company he keeps, he can certainly diminish the standing of the group by association. In the past I have known P`S members to be of high character, especially in past adventures with the both of you. I hope that this does not cause a rift between that of your guild and of Yew.

For the land of Yew demands Justice. If this sheep slayer is spotted again he will be killed on sight for depriving the citizens of their livelihood.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Ceorlgar, Jakob, Vishakt and 6 others like this.
  2. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

3. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Uhh, I am sorry for your loss but that kind of thing happens daily. Unless you gather the sheep in your house (only work for 24 hours) then they are open for public slaughter. I know many players regularly clear animal pens to spawn zookeeper rares. Some players also kill sheep for wool, be it less efficient.

Regardless of the reason, Andruil is free to kill animals in the open world same as everyone else.
    Cherie and Hadrian like this.
  4. Andruil

Andruil Active Member

hi there

i'm sorry, i'm rather new here, i didn't know somebody gathered all these sheep there, thought it was a spot where there was a lot of sheepspawns... and hoped to find a black sheep for the zookeepers quest.

If you showed yourself and asked me i wouldn't have killed the sheep.

Didn't meant to do anybody harm...
    Jakob, Lord Krake, eherruh and 3 others like this.
  5. eherruh

I did not know your title was Captain of the Obvious. Yes he is a free man, but free will comes with consequence.

The veneer of civilization is thin, perhaps thinner than the people of Yew would care to admit. Scum who go out of their way to cause grief and waste will be brought to Justice. You will not object then, when we proudly display his head, as we are free to do.
    Jakob and Vishakt like this.
  6. eherruh

Perhaps the people would be willing to overlook this transgression if their flock was restored. After all, you were observed to have marked a rune so it should not be hard for you to find your way back. Until then, consider yourself an outlaw in the lands of Yew!
    Jakob likes this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... and this is why I rarely RP.

I can't tell if people are being naturaly daft or are just roleplaying it.
    Vishakt, Ponne, Vandalin and 2 others like this.
  8. Hadrian

True, is the crime here: he who steals sheep or he who watches their flock die?
    Jakob, eherruh, Vandalin and 2 others like this.
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Without the proper permits, one could say Andruil freed the sheep from a "free-range" stable...and what sheep farmer does not properly brand their sheep to identify them if they wonder into another's flock? Seems like this was a poorly set up illegal sheep farm, and there is no fault here but of the owners. So the real question here is...

Did you have a permit?

@snap dragon
    Keza, snap dragon and Hadrian like this.
  10. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I was unsure what to do in this situation.

It is a shame if someone had claims on these sheep, but at the same time it was not clear.

Also, one must be forgiven when they don't understand how farming and tending animals works.. sometimes you just want wool and lamb chops. Hard to fault a man for that.

I am unsure if you had proper claim on these or not, but we have decided to willingly place a fair amount of herded sheep, but as anything in these lands, these may be subject to your local permit enforcement agency as we all tend to have to abide. That is between you and your local branch, we just attempted to replace them in the meantime and bury the hatchet between yourself and Andruil.

No sheep were harmed in the transition to these grounds, and we were careful not to over populate the area with to many sheep per grass. We do not want starvation or disease to be an issue of any sort.

Truly hope this is a fair compromise.

sheeps.jpg
    Jakob, Vishakt, Andruil and 4 others like this.
  11. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

In light of recent events, eherruh reached out to me to evaluate their current flock security and see what could be done to prevent more tragedies like the one that occurred on the 28th of September. So many sheep lost, and for what? *shakes head*
    Before rendering my services we discussed the terms of my wage. Unfortunately, since the flock was murdered so maliciously before they could be taken to the market and sold, eherruh had little in way of gold to offer. We eventually settled on a chest of ale in exchange for the installment and operation of a temporary security system.
    ale.png
    And here is what an advanced security system looks like, guarding the sorriest looking flock of sheep you have ever seen.
    security.jpg
    Jakob, Andruil, Cero and 4 others like this.
  12. eherruh

:rolleyes:

Just trying to liven this place up. It has been quiet lately. If that's foolish then I'll go back to refreshing properties and waiting for others to spark things around here.
    Jakob likes this.
  13. Hadrian

The flock of the good Lord British were also lost from the kings yard on that sad day to remember.
    *Hence, the Backpack warrior.

An unscrupulous fellow was tasked to bring them home. Such trivial work, though one needs be humbled every now and then.
    I have seen that their wool has already been put to good use by the fair citizens already, business as usual.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    eherruh likes this.
  14. eherruh

You have a perverted definition of "free" if you think a blade spirit is what grants freedom. Intimidation diminishes you @Cero .
    Cero likes this.
  15. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

The tools of a tradesmen can often be misunderstood.

Andruil the Butcher, as we shall call him from this point on, used a magical blade spirit to free the spirit of these sheep from their physical forms so that he could harvest their loins and provide his customers with a tasty dish. For it may not be known that Andruil is also a chef! He mistakenly came across this herd of ill-kept and unguarded sheep...without even a single sheepdog within eye sight...and saw a bounty of meat that needed to be harvested! Quickly he put his tools to work in laying down such beasts so he could get them to market while they are still fresh!

Never fear, the toxins cook right off and add to the flavor!

Dr Satan and Andruil like this.
  16. Andruil

Andruil Active Member

Eherruh,

as further compensation, i am willing to help shaving the sheep next spring. I will take a couple of beers with me and hope all is settled this way.
    Dr Satan and eherruh like this.
  17. eherruh

The new flock is now well guarded thanks to @El Horno and all is well friend. I would gladly share an ale with you if our paths were to cross. Take care until then!