Annivessary items

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Intoxable, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Intoxable

Intoxable Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Sorry I'm very behind on the news, is there an Anni gift for this year? this is usually when it happens right? I received nothing at first login.
  2. Elf

Elf New Member

From Discord:
    upload_2024-9-3_17-57-45.png
  3. Air

Air Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wow, what a way to convince many of us to just uninstall and not look back LOL. (yes, I know some of you would like that)

In September, many of us at least logged in to experience the inevitable disappointment, of not getting sandals or mask dye, it really made the end of the year for us.

Glad things are evolving at least!
  4. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

why are you so salty?
  5. Einar the Fool

Einar the Fool Member

tbh as a trammy that avoided fights, survived mostly fishing,.
    im not into being forced into non con pvp, the same reason all of us fled osi/ea powerscroll era.
    it was lame enough that all holidays were forcing people to go to non con pvp zones.
    its kinda a fuck you to the cannon fodder, that now we need to accept being pvp targets to even get rewards? f that
    i stopped even doing fishing tourneys, because they were targeting us. just so ya know
  6. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

@Einar the Fool why play on this shard in the first place? It's always been a Fel shard. Risk for reward. If you've had a tough time playing here, it's your own doing. There are loads of shards that would be way more relaxing and rewarding for you.
  7. Einar the Fool

Einar the Fool Member

correct, i dont play here anymore, im just saying , if instead of making all events/anny stuff, require you to be willing to be pkd, maybe let a few things be fun for the dumb/slow/bad conn. you dont need to kill everything? thats y theres nothing to kill silly
    if all the pks fought each other, that would be cool.. but they want non con, not people they can fight and lose to, they want sheep, that why factions shit out, thats why ctf shit out, yall need to beat up people you cant lose too, not a real challenge, great for new people retention
    also "why even play here" seems like discouraging gameplay
  8. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Having this event encouraged me to blow the dust off and return for some action.

You cant please everyone. I'm excited for the event.

I've been farming for a 2 weeks now. I rarely see PKs.

I'm not 100% sure how the event will go and its been a few years for me... BUT, but take a rune book, a few regs.. and if you get PK'd... Get back up and keep going? Runebooks have never been cheaper!
    The Watch and Snorko like this.
  9. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

First and foremost, I would welcome any absent player back. but you have a reading/understanding blockage if thats what you think this event is. It has been well known and discussed. I can only assume you saw what you wanted to and then twisted it to your narrative

You go into NON CON PVP zone every time you leave town. This has never been a Trammel server. There is always risk to reward

But Guess what?
    The first quest is completely WITHIN town borders. You can yell GUARDS at anytime
    The second quest is "overland" you MUST leave the town borders... Overland spawning mobs are your biggest threat
    The 3rd is in T2A - again leaving town boarders.. Again Overland mobs are your biggest threat
    The 4th and final quest IS dangerous spots - Dungeons...

If you are looking for a totally protected gameplay environment, the UOR is absolutely NOT for you.

Finally if you dont play here anymore, why come here and shit on the place? Read the code of conduct. It applies to even those who have left. Do not come here posting in the forums spreading false narrative about UOR.

Thank you and have a nice day
    The Watch, Snorko and Samorite like this.
  10. Snorko

Snorko Well-Known Member

Welcome back @NerK !
    NerK likes this.
  11. Air

Air Well-Known Member

[quote="

Finally if you dont play here anymore, why come here and shit on the place? Read the code of conduct. It applies to even those who have left. Do not come here posting in the forums spreading false narrative about UOR.
    [/quote]

Loneliness, sadness, topped with the disappointment of what once was an amazing server and place to play with like-minded people.

Other than that, maybe some bitterness on top?

Good luck with the amazing event!
    Snorko and Venger like this.
  12. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I confess i miss that pre scavenger anxiety... but i had some fun trying to figure out the clues of the first book of this year... i asked for help since i am bad with this kind of things... and is obvious that in some group a few folks decoded it and just gave the info to the rest of the group.... thats not bad at all.. but is not good too. i understand that we are recycling some mechanics already developed for the "OLD TRINSIC" event and thats great...
    Lets see the next rounds how will gona be... my advise for the guys working the codes is: first fix some old issues like pvm leaderboard for example, before you get into new systems and totally new content... the events you can let the way it is, just changing the hues, but i would not loose time coding for new content to them. let it for a second step.
    And congrats for bringing CTF back.. just this simple act will make a great diff for the comunity.
  13. Nogoodman

Nogoodman Member

Damn! That questline actually sounds like fun. I actively play but mainly just T-Maps fishing and solo dungeon spots bc im anti-social and dont pvp much these days. Oh well, next year!