Announcement to All Ultima Online Renaissance Players

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Samorite, Aug 16, 2024.

1. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

We are making an important change to our rewards system. From now on, there will be no more free handouts of yearly Anniversary bags or July 4th bags.

Ultima Online Renaissance is evolving into a "Play To Win" server. This means that to qualify for these rewards, you will need to actively play and participate in quests and activities throughout the year.

We believe this change will enhance the game experience and make rewards more meaningful.

Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to improve Ultima Online Renaissance for our community.
    Venger, AOٌ, StarTrakZack and 2 others like this.
  2. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Question: Do you have to "participate" in quests or win/complete them? I've participated in a few that I didn't finish, like the barbecue quest. Still got the book for it, but I only managed to find 1 rack of ribs.

Also, will this go into effect for this year? And if so, will there be quests we can participate in between now and the normal anniversary celebration?
  3. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Do you have to "participate" in quests or win/complete them? - Yes

Also, will this go into effect for this year? And if so, will there be quests we can participate in between now and the normal anniversary celebration? - The Ani quest will be the launch of the "Play to Win" system, and there will be more similar events throughout the year
    The Watch likes this.
  4. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

I agree, more context would be nice though.
  5. Venger

Venger Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You're telling me!