Anti AFK Gathering issue

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Sniggo, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sniggo

Sniggo New Member

I hate being the one running into these things -.-

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/gfdsgf.jpg

So this is the second one I've ran into that made me scratch my head. I wasn't sure if far left or far right but was jailed before i could answer and then other i guessed. It had like different brightly colored little balls or something and i guessed right but no idea which one was the correct one. Most of them seem to be a-ok no brainer but a few curve balls and those are the ones that would lead me to not wanting to play.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I would be stuck guessing on that one as well
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I replaced the jars with another image type to reduce this kind of confusion going forward.

Thanks for the report.
  4. Sniggo

Sniggo New Member

cool beans, thanks. if i find any others like that ill take a screenshot
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh come on 3 bottles 1 jar...... :ugeek:
  6. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

I still say it was confusing, one doesn't look like a bottle to me.
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I guess I just have more experience with bottles... *drinks another beer then pours a glass of cognac
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The system has the capacity to spit out something like 10k possible combinations, however we did take time to make sure that the items are distinct looking, to allow for an easy answer for players who are performing activities while at the computer.

However that said, should you ever answer the gump incorrectly, simply page a GM for assistance. All aspects of this system are logged for staff review.
  9. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

And also, make sure you don't look up or scratch your nose or anything, as you will land in jail as my Miner did. I will say that I was on the brink of being very ticked off about it...only because I am strongly against afk resource gathering, but the time allotted for giving your response is adequate, and I'm thankful that steps are being taken to combat against issues like this. I would like to ask though if this is an automated prompt, or admin initiated? I was getting spammed there pretty hard for a while, but then again...after a full day of pounding rocks, your brain does start to get a bit scrambled.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The system can be triggered in both ways.

However that said I think the staff has only forced a check on 2 players in the 12 days that the system has been live.

99% of the checks are performed automatically. There was a bug initially resulting in the 2nd check you received to come up to quickly (basically the reverse of what it should have been). This has been resolved since 9-9-2012.

That said there is a prevention mechanism in place to avoid repeated checks, however the more you are caught unattended, the more likely you are to see a random repeat check.

Should you answer the question incorrectly simply page a gm on the forums or on irc. Our logs will show the time stamp of the incorrect answer and we can cross reference that with your communication.

[​IMG]

And again, should you miss one due to a bathroom break, or minimized window the only punishment is a short jail sentence, however should the behavior become chronic you can expect to spend a great deal of time in jail.