Anti AFK Gathering System

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SirLanceAlittle, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I may be wrong, but I thought Fishing was one of the skills that we are NOT allowed to AFK Macro.

I go out mining a lot and get the Anti AFK Gathering System (AAGS) quite regularly, but have yet to get the AAGS while fishing with my macro.

Is this an "oops" in the AAGS, or is fishing exempt from that rule?
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The method to which it triggers while fishing is very specific, however this can change in the future. We are working the system in slowly to make sure the system has a minimal affect on our attended players.

We also are working hard to make sure the system triggers on the act of gathering, not the use of the fishing skill. Its not the skill use we are watching, its the generation of items.
  3. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hmmm, so are you saying, perhaps, that as long as one's fishing skill is below 90; the level at which T-Maps can be caught, the AAGS will ignore the toon that is fishing with a simple or complex Razor macro while away from his/her keyboard? :geek:

Or, more deviously, are you saying it might fire on your AFK Fisherman and it might not??? ;)

Thanks.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Correct, you will not be checked if your fishing is below 90, since technically you are training skill at that point. We are still fine tuning the process for fishing at the moment but that is how the system was designed.