Any word on boat item decay?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by silencesg, Dec 20, 2017.

1. silencesg

silencesg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi.

I am new here. Played UO many years ago and getting back into it now.

Quick question:

David Hasslehoff's guide suggests that on boat item decay is due to be removed. Has this already happened or...?

Asking cause tired of running around trying to place a house. Need somewhere to stash my shit and my bank box is near bursting.

Houseboat if you will...
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Normal item decay --> ~1 hour.

No decay in the hold.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Item decay on boat decks isn't going anywhere. Staff made the decision to have items decay on boat decks in exchange for greatly increasing the boat hold's weight limit.

Where have you tried to place a house, and what size houses are you trying to place? I ask because if you're trying to place a small or something of similar size, there's a ton of open spots, as long as you're not trying to place in popular areas (like on Ocllo Island, or near many towns).
  4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

@silencesg send me a PM, I've got runes marked for loads of house spots from small to large, I'll help you find a spot.
    Rextacy and Kirby like this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Kirby likes this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

See that? This, people, this is one of the things I love about this server. The great community! We love our new players!!! That's some awesome support, there! Thumbs up, @Sheepdog
    Nusir, Sheepdog and compsays like this.
  7. silencesg

silencesg Active Member

Have to say this shard is amazing with the great community playing here.

Yes I was trying to place the house on Ocllo. Should have made my position clear. Im still young, so not keen on losing it to get off the island.

Thanks for the many kind offers. I will explore the options again once I have lost my young status.
    One likes this.
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

@ReZon offers a new player housing service on Ocllo.
  9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

There are no spots, unfortunately, open in Ocllo currently!

If you hit up Rezon as BlackEye suggested though it will definitely be of a massive benefit to you if you can get in one of those spots, get your foot in the door as it were.

Alternatively a culling of your bank box is always a refreshing experience, sell resources, sell anything of value on the forums, make some extra gold and be one step closer to buying your own deed when youre ready to leave Ocllo.

When I first started, when I had enough gold to buy my first deed and place a house I made a new character with 50 magery 50 something else and left the young program to place a house and used that character as my resource holder, I used the house as a bank box as it were and just recalled into Ocllo with whatever stuff my (young) characters needed.

Whenever you are ready to get out into the wild wild world, hit me up and i can help you get a nice spot!

All the best and good luck!
  10. compsays

compsays Active Member

Yeah, Ocllo housing is at a massive premium because of very high demand and very low supply. You already have quality suggestions as to what to do whilst you enjoy the 'Young' experience. It really is a quality concept.

Have fun!
    Sheepdog likes this.
  11. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Welcome once you leave occlo you will be able to place a house no prob as long as it ain't a huge one:)

Everyone said pretty much what I would so welcome aboard and see ya around in UOR!
  12. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR!
  13. silencesg

silencesg Active Member

Thanks! Its good to play UO again after so many years. Still the best MMO experience IMO
    Nusir, One and Rextacy like this.