Anyone have any idea on why the trading post is so slow these days?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by FreeHugger, Apr 30, 2018.

1. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

Also, so many of those "replies" are bumps because nobody is bidding, but hey pal, good for you putting in the work. :)
  2. FreeHugger

Look, I'm not saying that isn't stuff for sale. I'm saying it's not selling. ALL alternate currencies have dropped to the point where sellers have started to not accept them.

This thread wasn't a complaint, you made it seem that way.

This was a thread asking for ideas on why it is slow. You seemingly got offended and now here we are. I appreciate your posting of opinions and they are noted, however I sincerely don't agree with them and I think others will agree as well.

Lets work constructively on a way to get this place booming again after the 4 months of events.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. FreeHugger

If I'm around when they start, I always take part. Player run or otherwise.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

What event?
  6. FreeHugger

Fishing tourney
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

All I'm going to say is this... I can barely keep up restocking my two vendor shops.

I see stuff moving like crazy in the trade forum. Especially in the resources sector (that I play in). I'm seeing iron fly off the shelf at 8-9gp per... Boards are back to 3gp each... Yew vendoring is still going strong ever since the @LanDarr backed revival there and with presence from PS & S-Mart. @Hydrox seems to be just fine over in Ocllo and with bulk orders on the trade forum. Housing still seems to be moving quickly even the small to large properties thanks to @Earsnot and @Ragnar Lothbrok .

And for being on the tail end of the event calendar, things still feel busy. With how much money a lot of people spent with the sandals, fluffies, & luckies... they're still buying.
  8. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

Despite the constant negative press, covfefe!
    RIN and Gideon Jura like this.
  9. FreeHugger

Maybe I see it differently but I don’t think I’m the only one. Ever since the mining macro
    I hear you but I don't think I see the same things, maybe because we don't travel in the same circles. After the mininng macro came out, I feel that the availability of ingots skyrocketed. Usually some BoDer would B/O all available ingots within a day or two and I guess I just haven't seen that many mass ingot sales in recent weeks.

As far as housing goes, big properties will always bring attention and small properties will never really be hot-ticket items unless they're spectacular. I had to give away a large brick (albeit on ice island) for deed price as there was no interest and I gave away a log cabin for free in a secluded spot, all within the last 3 weeks.

I dunno, maybe I'm delusional. Maybe I'm just craving change.
  10. Althorn

The housing thing is in constant change as far as the market, sometimes you have a bunch of new players fighting for buyouts on large towers ect sometimes a large tower will sit for weeks, either way id expect a slower market post event, I expect alot of tmaps and other instance items will be on the market & be more popular due to people trying to find stuff to do. Not quite sure why lvl 7 tmaps are so cheap nowadays tho i seen the Dragons dens going for a consistent 250k ish which is weird to me. But all in all only way lower tier housing will be super relevant is if we had a huge surge of new players. The ingots id mark as just not as many bodders currently, alot of people take breaks post events as well.
  11. FreeHugger

I've been told (as I've never run dragons den) is that there are no rares to be had from it. So you're paying 250k to kill mobs.

I have no idea if that's true though.
  12. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

It's always important to remember, we all judge from our own perspective. We see only what we see. Yeah there was a small surge in ingot supply right after Patek's macro, but it went away. Iron is still at 8+. If there was a huge impact from it, then we should have seen it fall more, but we didn't.

Hahaha! It's all good man. We all needs breaks now and then.

For me? If the furniture and add-on market slows down, then I'll be worried. That would tell me there are fewer new people. Also, with the recent surge in factions, I'm seeing my leather armor vendor sell out more. I might even have to raise my prices slightly :confused:
    Hydrox likes this.
  13. FreeHugger

If we get these dexxer wars off the ground, we should try and stipulate only using GM items. I know it'll be hard to police but it would be sweet for the crafters!
  14. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

It is my desire to see a GM Exceptional weapon restriction, but it will be loosly defined by an agreement between WARing guilds. It seems your group and the soon to be formed Cove Militia are like minded, but the Orks are a little more loose in their rules. They allow mages and tames. We'll figure it out.

There are enough of us looking for good old fashion slug fests...

[​IMG]
  15. FreeHugger

I feel like the orks can do whatever they want as they have had a hard, hard life in every era of UO. Also, they don't really speak human so telling them might be hard...
    Earsnot likes this.
  16. Althorn

We’ll that makes sense if no rares in the instance. But good luck on the dexer thing that would be pretty dope. You still working on a name?
  17. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

18. T3h D4ve

T3h D4ve Well-Known Member

If you don't want it, I'll take it, WTB PLAT!!!
    Oh wait....that's why I'm broke....
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. FreeHugger

Bump for relevance
  20. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

What, your overpriced property didn't sell and you need an explanation?