Anyone have any idea on why the trading post is so slow these days?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by FreeHugger, Apr 30, 2018.

1. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

I sold it. :)
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Aris

Aris Active Member

@NCCML if your optimal UO experience depends on running around with a blessed runebook, you might want to reevaluate your game goals. For a sliver of gold, you could mark several hundred runes to a preferred rune library (which can be found by travelling 8 to 10 steps in any direction outside of any city) and then you'll almost always have a backup rune waiting for you if you die and lost the rune.

The removal of platinum comment is probably going to get a fresh round of salt, so brace yourself.

As far as "having lives and can't play 24/7", I often see this outsider perception from those who can't obtain they want in this game that they must be so extremely busy with cool things like attending BBQs (yum!), have a job (wow!), drinking good beer with good friends (!!!!), go on vacations (omg!) and having kids (yikes!), because all of these awesome "RL" things are reserved only for the non-UOR-elite and therefore those here who do possess the fine wares must play 24/7.

While UOR certainly does likely have a few that fall into the category of a total misfit loser, most everyone here probably also participates in the cool things listed above, and still maintain a healthy UO/Real Life balance, and even have managed to obtain that elusive blessed runebook. Takes time and work, many here have been here for 5+ years now. Took me two years to get my first blessed book (though I never really pushed hard to get platinum).

Best of luck. Play your own game, don't obsess over what you don't/can't have yet. Cliche incoming: It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  4. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Edited my post. Truly didn't mean to say that in a way that offended. Didn't realize how it sounded until I saw your reply.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019