Anyone willing to teach?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Kane, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Getting tired of constantly being roasted in PvP, I'm hoping that someone can maybe offer some training? As many of you know I have a knack for rushing into combat with seasoned vets apparently...
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Well, I can't rightly say I could teach you great things or to be good, but I can say you are welcome to pic up a microphone, get in mumble, and come play. We can get our toes wet in CTF for coordination practice and you may learn good theories in conversations while we're at it.

I can't promise wins but I can assure you that we'll be able to find some fights, maybe even some fair ones.
  3. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

First of all, what template are you running?

Second, what are you having trouble with (surviving the dump, mid-fight, finishing)?
  4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Ill certainly take you up on that Blaise, you can catch me in IRC whenever im on. As for my template im currently pvping with a nox mage, his info is public, Tyrael is his name, still a work in progress
  5. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Nox Mage isn't the easiest solo-PvP template out there right now. You might want to start a stun mage on the side and save the nox mage for later if the mage template is what you're going for. Granted, if you're running in a coordinated group, a Nox Mage can be useful, but with Cure Pots stackable and various other ins and outs, it isn't really worth having a Nox Mage as a solo PvP Template.

A ton of people here will help out if you are polite and calm and just ask nicely, though.

Just catchsus in IRC and actually at the computer sometime, and most of us can help out. Myself, I loiter in the #KoS channel and try to check it in the evenings CST Time Zone. If you leave messages in there, we'll respond to them as we can. Just don't expect an instant response.

But yeah...just ask. :)

Best of Luck,

-L/S
  6. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

You should drop nox for scribe or healing. Stun/Scribes or Stun/Healers are the norm for entry level and advanced PvPers.

The only way to really learn is to get out there and fight people that are better than you. If you lose, you lose. You'll end up losing some regs and a barbed suit, big deal. You'll gain pointers on how to fight the next time around.

Being properly equipped and having the right macros are a good starting point. I think Blaise made an entry level PvP guide a while back, may want to start there.

I wouldn't join factions if you're solo as most faction fights aren't a solo fight.

PvP isn't easy, don't get discouraged. Nobody became a PvP master overnight.
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

And try not to rage in IRC if you get PK'd, ganked, or slapped around a bit. That's going to make people not want to help you so much.
    Jupiter and Mes like this.
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Wait... I thought irc rage was one of the first rules of UO?? Now I'm confuzzed...
    BelXavier likes this.
  9. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

IRC rage is the solution to pounding the ever loviin !@#$in shit out of your keyboard, hammering your mouse through your computer screen while ripping your shirt off in a violent outburst resembling a seizure while you writhe around on the floor spouting profanity as if speaking in tongues, cursing the day you ever heard of the game Ultima Online.

This then leads to running down the street of your neighborhood, foaming at the mouth and assaulting those that even appear to be responsible for the tragedy that has just been visited upon you (you know they were in on it, just look how they're smiling at you, better lay the facepalm of justice on their sorry ass, that'll teach em!)

Normally this results in your incarceration, in which your attempts at explaining how you were the victim in a succession of tragic events that resulted in the hospitalization of an elderly meals on wheels driver who honked at you as you rabidly attacked his van will probably end with you being forcibly remanded to a psychiatric facility for evaluation and ultimately concluding in your being committed for mental incompetence as one who plays a 17+ year old game with 2d graphics to the extent it causes their complete nervous unravelling must be crazy.
  10. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

if you want to hop on test server i'm more than willing to help out! That way you can use a full-build (in case resist isn't gm or any other crucial skill you would need) and not waste any cash on weapons/regs/etc. I'm on IRC as Valrick when i am home so let me know!
  11. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

F this guy... nox mages own solo!

Drop scribe, and roll stun/poison.... One of my favorite templates. Best learn to time some cure interupts though... (ie. Explo Poison, let explosion interupt first cure [if they're even that fast] then disrupt till a tick will disrupt the cure; and drop a large circle spell, rinse and repeat.)

If you can land DP you can make them eat through their cure pots pretty quick too.
  12. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Most people fair pretty poorly with the Nox Mage on this server...hence it not being used much. I, however, actually like the Nox Mage template.
    Kane likes this.
  13. Mindless

From what I gathered most people fair rather poorly here regardless of template.
  14. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Nox mages aren't very good. Poison is very easily cured on the field with cure pots, and the way normal poison ticks is actually more favorable to spell interruption than the GP or DP you get from nox mage.

I suggest scribe/sun or a fencing tank.
  15. Mindless

I suggest you play what you want to play. MIN/MAXING (aka everyone trying to play the: "Best template") didn't do anything good for PVP in this game if you ask me.

And I stand by the fact that a nox mage is no joke.