Archery Post Patch

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Vincent Blackshadow, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

Hello,

Has anyone noticed how much the most recent patch has effected the way that archery performs in the field.

I am thinking about some archery template ideas and I am wondering how viable the skill may or may not be.

I am not so much concerned with archery as primary DPS but more so for the surprise/unpredictability factor.

Any knowledge about the skill post patch would be helpfull, thanks.
    One likes this.
  2. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Ive only played briefly since the patch. It caught me completely off guard. Once I get some field time ill report back. If it does hit more often, which it seemed to for 45 mins I was able to play the other night, then we just need to work on availability of quality weapons and....Swing speed. Im happy chris gave the Archers some love...Just little more and we will have nothing to complain about except Tamers...lol
    One likes this.
  3. Vincent Blackshadow

Thanks for the info.

Maybe you can help me with another question I have.

Do you know if the wrestle skill causing the reduced chance to hit is a factor when an archer and a stun mage are in combat yet are a tile or more apart and thus out of stun punch range?
  4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

If Im reading that correctly, then yes, it is a factor.

Shooting an arrow at anyone takes the skill of the weapon your target is holding (fists count as wrestling) into account from ANY range.
    Think of it as any old standard weapon hit, just at range, and with added chance to miss because its archery.
  5. Vincent Blackshadow

Thanks for the reply.

It makes sense.

I was curious as to weather a wrestling skill check required the actual wrestling animation to be engaged.

I have one last question.

Does teleport count a move as far as lowering the archery chance to hit?
  6. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

That I have no idea. I dont think its possible without teleport jewelery, which isnt a part of UO:R.
    Im pretty sure that casting a spell requires your hands to be free, and targeting a spell does too.

For example. You precast teleport, arm your bow and wait out the swing timer.
    From here two things can happen.
    1: You shoot your bow THEN teleport. In this case your precast teleport has no bearing on your shot.
    2: You teleport THEN try and shoot your bow. In this case casting teleport disarms you so you just have to rearm and wait out the swing timer again.