Archery?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Fullmetal, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

How is Archery doing atm?

Debating about making an archery dexxer or two :)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not sure what happened to this thread but it still holds some of the rant on Archery.
  3. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

Thanks Keza.
  4. Norwester

Norwester Member

Anyways.. always loved archery even in this game.

Arrows and bolts are generally easy to make and I do find a lot of good quality archery weapons on vendors and as drops. Its as if no one wants to use them... hmm. I'll say a few good things about archery. for one thing, being at range lets you get away from an emergency situation a lot easier than a melee/warrior. Also; its really a non-labour intensive way to fight. every shot is automatic in a way. I know that's not much to go with.
    If your actually gona use archery in pvp I think bows are best. crossbows would be better if oponents wore chain or plate more often. accuracy bonuses for archery weapons are applied to the archery skill and not tactics as other weapons are. It's very annoying that archery weapons don't have any runics! and even more frustrating is the fact that you cant repair archery weapons except by using powder of fort! and do save a few orc bows. they have one very nice feature!

Journey onward !
    Fullmetal and PaddyOBrien like this.
  5. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I GM'd archery on my peace dexxer yesterday, finally reached 100.0%! Whilst it's not popular as a skill in general I went ahead with it nonetheless. It's just so cool to walk around with a bow or crossbow and kill stuff from afar
    Holden likes this.