Are You Scared?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by wylwrk, Oct 1, 2016.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

My favorite time of the year is approaching. Halloween! In the spirit of this spooky time of year I ask you...

What was the scariest moment you've experienced in UO? A time when you were honestly scared.
    Jupiter, newme and One like this.
  2. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

When I bought my old spot at Yew bank, it was originally a small marble and I was going to upgrade it to a small tower. People guessed that I was going to do it, and were camping, plus it was already a busy area of the world.

I went onto test center and practiced dropping small marbles and placing small towers with two accounts to prepare myself.

Thanks to a crucial assist from Matron/snap dragon tipping me off that after someone was using a third party program to auto place a house in my spot, I was finally ready to give it a go.

My heart was pounding and adrenaline was pumping - I had practiced my placements and I was ready to do it. I had tracking running and a ghost doing recon. I drop the small marble and go to place the small tower and... It doesn't place! Then I see someone's name running up as I'm double clicking the small tower deed again and at this point my hands are shaking. I had just spent pretty much everything I had accumulated since I started and it would have been pretty crushing to have lost it all there. Thankfully, it placed on the second attempt.
    Valrick, Riyne, Invoker and 11 others like this.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My first Easter here, there was a town invasion of Cove with an Easter theme. There were some creatures named "a marshmallow peep" which had something like 5,000 HP, hit like a truck, and were in the shape of little white rabbits. Best part was, they were "templated" off of white wyrms I think, so they were tameable. For whatever reason, the event wasn't terribly highly attended and I was able to drag one of these things to that wooden tower in the north east corner of town. I couldn't risk trying to tame it in the middle of the fray near the bank for two reasons, one being the near certain death and the other being that everyone else would immediately know that they were tameable. So I finally drag one of them into the northeast corner tower after a few deaths and 20 minutes of discreet effort, and my heart is beating a mile a minute in a confined space with a super wyrm, hoping no one ventures up there and sees what I'm doing, and I finally get a taming attempt in. Failed. Another, Failed. Right as I'm finishing the third (failed) attempt, a gate opens up...
    Valrick, newme, Jupiter and 5 others like this.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

There are a few times I have had my adrenalin pumping, but this time wasn't pvp/pk oriented. I once smuggled some deadly cargo from the lost lands to the most dangerous island of them all, because it needed to be even more dangerous!!! I hid and saw some people recall in, and they may have gotten scared? haha

[​IMG]
  5. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I used to own a keep.

I meant to transfer the keep to another char on another account.

Instead, in whatever haste I was in at that time, I accidentally dropped the keep.

All of my items dropped to the ground and I freaked out big time. Additionally an IDOC had recently dropped just a screen away and there were still people around.

Luckily amfekk helped me clean up the area and I was able to put the keep back down.

I was freaking out for a good 10 minutes.
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Oh I remember that! I saw a guy just standing there, robbed and PK'd him, and he kept coming back. Nothing in his pack but a house deed, afk. I figured he MUST be trying to place a house there since yours was just above him in the spot of the screen where one generally places houses.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Yay! I've been secretly hoping you have been Internet stalking us!

I know this doesn't mean you're coming back, but it tells me there's a chance!

*feels his foolish hope rekindled*

Valrick and ReZon like this.
  8. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Probably back on Lake Superior in the osi era.

Trammel house placement was available starting that night. I was able to place a L-shape on an island, only for the server to crash a few hours later.

I had done a lot of trading that evening selling some rares/gear to be available to get the L-shape deed. When the server crashed it was already way past my bedtime and the roll-back they performed was in between all my trades.

I lost the house placement and had none of the items I wanted.

I didn't play for a week I was so pissed.

Turns out a guild member placed it for me, and was holding the L-shape. He didn't ask for anything and traded it to me a few days after I got online again.

SAVED!
    ReZon likes this.