Ariadne's Possible Bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Avery, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

When guards are called in the MG zoo, monsters inside and outside of the cages that are targeting player characters are killed.

Monsters can track from +/- 2 screens away. The other day I walked from west Vesper to south Minoc without encountering a single monster. Upon further exploration, I discovered that another player was nearby and all of the spawn in the area (which was about a dozen monsters) was following him. It seems like this will be a problem; there will be large pockets of monsters loitering in one area and none for screens around them. I experienced this in Moonglow as well. I was being followed by a large group and the only way I could get rid of them was to lure them into town and call guards.

I've spoken to several npc's in town and out and they didn't respond.

My strength is 43 but my hit points are 71. Is that right?

Overall, I've been having a great time :D
  2. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

On the purchase menu at the tinker's shop in Minoc, the picture for a keyring is a key.

When you walk through another character/monster/animal, it says "Being perfectly rested, you shove them out of the way" instead of saying "you shove a hind out of the way". Not sure if that's incorrect. Just something I noticed that's different.
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Re: Avery's Possible Bugs

Monster targeting range is under review during our big monster update that will be coming soon. It seems to be 10 to 16 spaces depending on the monster. We are working to confirm the correct stats based on Renaissance era data.

And your strength is correct, Renaissance uses a slightly different formula.

I will look into the key issue, and I think the message is correct for the Renaissance era but I will look into it.

Thanks for the information.
  4. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

I was wrestling a pig yesterday and I would heal it occasionally to keep the fight going. It got very low on health once and started to run away. I healed it twice (up to maximum) but it kept running. I decided to follow it to see if it would auto-aggro me after a certain amount of time (or just stop running and go back to its pig business) but it never did. I got tired of following it and gave up.
  5. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

One of my guildmates cast an EV in my general vicinity and it targeted me. He turned grey and when I tried to invis him, it said that would be a criminal action.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Interesting, I will run some tests on this to see if it is a problem. Could also be that the pig didn't really like you :D

This one is currently on our bug list, and has been verified. It should be resolved soon.
  7. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

As of today, I am unable to close the door to a small tower from the inside. I get a system message saying "I can't reach that".
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The RunUO LoS (line of sight) code is off, to say the least. There are plans to implement our own improved LoS code, however this will be a large project and will be some time before any work will start on this. That being said, the quoted above seems to be an unintentional side-affect of last nights patch, which addressed the way in which certain objects that shouldn't normally be seen, are handled.

Thanks for the report, we'll get this fixed.
  9. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Probably related to the post above, I am unable to access house sign functions from inside the house.
  10. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

The other day I was trying to take large quantities of reagents from my bank box to my house but they were too heavy to hold in my backpack. I opened a gate (within guard zone), picked up the reagents and tried to walk through the gate while hovering the reagents with my cursor but the "Dost thou wish to step through the moongate?" gump popped up. Because I was holding something with the cursor, I was unable to click "Yes". The cursor remains behind the gump. I've tested this scenario on UOSA and when you are holding something with the cursor, the gump does not appear. If you aren't holding anything, you will get the gump.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are looking into this, however I did some tests the other day on the problem and found that simply making a razor macro to click the ok prompt will allow you to proceed through the gate.
  12. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

I was in one of the mines north of Minoc yesterday and found an invisible barrier. If you look at the picture, it's right in front of me and runs from the wall on the left side to the stalagmite on the right. I thought it may have been caused by my client being out of sync so I closed it completely and restarted, but it was still there. I also cast reveal and no one was there. Let me know if you need coordinates and I'll go back and get them for you.

[​IMG]
  13. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I entered my house (which is a marble shop) and used the skill detect hidden on the floor. This action revealed my neighbor, who was on the second floor of his marble workshop which is just behind mine. Let me know if you need a screenshot and I'll add it.

This afternoon, I tamed an alligator and a mongbat from a ledge in Hopper's Bog. An alt of mine then opened a gate on that ledge and I walked through it into town. I discovered that both of the creatures had followed me through the gate. I didn't think that this was possible since neither one of them had a route up to the ledge.
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The Detect hidden issue is a known bug, the gate hopping tames however is a new one. I will get that added to our tracking system.

Thanks for the report.
  15. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Aww, I guess I will lose my dragon in the future if he teleports to an unreachable ledge again? Maybe prevent monsters from spawning in dungeon ponds?
  16. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

When you mark a rune in Papua the rune reads "Paupa".
  17. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

This evening I logged character A out in a house and then demolished that house with character B. Character B then put a larger house down in that spot. When I logged character A back in, she was like this. I couldn't move her (other than spinning around) and had to recall out.
    [​IMG]
  18. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This has been fixed.

And the login under a house issue, I would suppose that it is supposed to eject you from the house because you are not friended to the new house. Did you log out in the house, or on the ground on this character before doing the house switching?
  19. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Character A logged out inside the house that got demo'd. Character B is on a different account so character A was not a friend.
  20. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

While training lockpicking, I discovered that I would often get revealed if I went through a gate hidden. It seems like this only happened when I brought a summoned daemon through the gate with me.

This morning as I was doing tailor bods, I noticed that my items were falling to the floor as I made them and my item count in my backpack was 125. I realized that the 3 bod books I was holding were registering as 5 items, 10 items and 33 items. I don't think it used to be like that because I've never had this happen before.