Armory of Paws - RANSACKED! - (A VoP and <anonymous> Tale)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

How this story will work:

1. I will tell the story from Jupiter's perspective (i still don't know who did it :) )
    2. The culprit will make a fake forum name, and post a story with their perspective
    Result = A good tale for the sake of the shard

====== ================================================================================

|aa\------/____|
    |aaa\---/_____|--------------@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    |_ACloud________/ ------A WINTER CHILL SENDS SHIVERS DOWN YOUR SPINE ----@@@@@@@
    |____________| \ --@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The armory was only a short horse ride south west of the Paws proper area. Jupiter traveled there infrequently except to drop off a few things. As with all the buildings of Paws, the front door remained unlocked so that travelers could find shelter in a pinch. The storms in the spiritwood could be quite harsh. This winter particularly had already been more cold than most!

Jupiter had witnessed first hand that the stories of the frozen fortress run by Dark Elves were true. He was heading to the armory to make sure the villagers had enough supplies to stave off any assaults, should the heroes of the realm fail to keep the threat of the dark elves contained in their fortresses.

He went to open the door, and he could tell something was off. There was nothing wrong with the door, but it was the man who sat on the steps sobbing and clearly drenched in wine. He looked up at Jupiter and sobbed, "Oh grey wizard, it's all gone. The store house is empty!"

Jupiter smiled at the man, but could not stave off the concern in his stomach, "what is gone? How could somebody have bypassed my impenetrable wall of tables? Surely they did not hoist themselves over the tables and through the door? That's.... well.. that's just ridiculous! Everyone knows you can't stand on a table. It's far too dangerous!"

The Vesperman continued sobbing, "They marked you grey wizard. They marked you and sat and waited and watched," he sobbed some more, "they, they even killed some poor innocent man to make him a ghost. They said the only way they'd bring him back to life, is if he waited on the otherside of your great table wall."

Jupiter realized, then that his table wall was not as secure as it should have been. He smiled at the man from Vesper and replied, "They are only things, most of which had not been used in the better part of a year. They were probably rusty. And besides, whoever took them clearly valued them more than I, for they must have watched me ages to find out my comings and goings. Do not worry yourself, I thank you for showing me the error of my table wall. I shall have the contractors add a few more tables to it, and then we'll be able to fill it up again in no time."

The man from Vesper had stopped crying a little now, "You.. you don't even want to know who did it?"

Jupiter replied, "And why would I? Clearly, if they had done this out of any malice towards me, they will take credit for it and I shall learn of them in time. If the did it merely to be vandals, then I should hope the items serve them better than I."

Jupiter then returned towards the tower, towards the battle of 5 armies that he didn't even know was coming.

============================================

* Jupiter tips his hats towards the unknown culprits *

"Do not disappoint. I expect a grand tale."
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well, where is the second part of this grand tale? I'm of mind to make one up if someone doesn't fess up!
    Oni Neaufire, The Watch and Jupiter like this.
  3. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I guess the person who did this must have no words. Odd as it is, they gloat about the other stuff they do.
    Oni Neaufire likes this.
  4. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Wasn't me, mang! If I did it, I'd tell you a story.

Although I don't really think I'd be robbing VoP. I like you guys. You're like: on my friends list. We should hang out!
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There is no town better to rob then VoP, as they don't rage quit and complain when it happens. In true roleplayer fashion they write an epic tale instead! Way to show the rest of us how to handle the inevitable knocks your going to receive playing a Fel server.
    The Watch and Jupiter like this.