Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hadrian, Sep 19, 2017.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

In a medieval combat manual there is a maneuver depicted where you unscrew your pommel, throw the “nut” at your opponent, and take advantage of your stunned opponent with a quick thrust of your sword.

The move was aptly titled, “End Him Rightly”.

There’s a YouTube about it. Quite entertaining.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  2. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I see what you're saying, but the metal helmets also cause your head to rattle around as well as the ringing in your ears is crazy! I'm not disagreeing that metal offers more protection than leather, but when it comes to a punch to the face, there is more of a stunning effect when the metal helmet bounces around and your ears are ringing like mad. That being said, I'd prefer to take the actual damage on the helmet than the face :p

Anyway!! Back to UOR discussion: If all we're looking to do though is to increase plate's viability, I think there's more pressing concerns than a stun punch that may or may not land.
    I'm also not opposed to the idea of armour reducing stun's effectiveness, but then we need to look at paralyzing blow, concussive blow, and we keep on going until everything can be mitigated and there's no little point having any of it.

Last; Helmets in football, I'll never accept it :p But I also dislike everything about Rugby, just not my thing, so I'll never accept Gridiron either lol :)
    Aussie Rules and Soccer for me!

I've seen that manual yeah. That YouTuber fellow... I can't think of his name. He did it a few times trying to perfect the release in such a manner that it couldn't be seen. Throw the nut from as low as you can up at the helmet and immediately strike. The result is a disorientated guy that cannot recover before he has a sword slicing him open.

Edit: Has there ever been a sport that used a metal helmet?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018