Arrow prices?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cero, May 15, 2013.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Is it standard to have arrow prices at 8gp/per? I thought arrows were a bit cheaper then bolts but I could be mistaken...

Guess its back to farming ratmen and harpies!
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Aye farming them is the best way atm.
  3. pdodd

pdodd New Member

Killing Ratmen Archers in Rat Valley (South of Yew, it's labelled on UOAM) is a great way to get arrows. They drop about 50-70 each. Careful though, they are tough.
  4. Aegis

Aegis Member

there's also a lot of them in ice dungeon, they have a mini fort there; it's tough though (no problem with my tamer ^^)
  5. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

arrow prices where adjusted at an attempt to make a fair Market (failure in my opinion) to create more player interaction.
    buying arrow & bolts at Vendors vs buying them from a crafter i don't know of ANYONE that actually crafts Arrows for resale, and the markup on bolts, feathers and shafts. have made it an unbalanced market.
  6. Storm

Storm New Member

I will sell 10k arrows for 60k if anyone is interested.
  7. qbradq

qbradq Member

I've sold quite a few arrows at 6 per. In fact I need to make several thousand more. Every time I train a new character with magery or combat skills I go to the Harpy room and collect the feathers, then turn them into arrows on a crafter.

My only problem now is that I need to save wood to GM a carpenter. I suspect that's why we don't have more bowers about.
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Arrows and Bolts are priced at 8 gold on NPC vendors simply because of the worldwide value placed on boards and feathers In order to foster play to player sales. This value is not the price players should sell items at, simply the base value in which NPC's price their goods so they do not compete with players. Most players sell arrows at 6 gold each.

Feathers are currently valued at 2 gold, and shafts at 6 gold on the worldwide economy (for NPC's) This results in a value of 8 gold for Arrows and Bolts.

This opens a nice market for new and old players to farm feathers, wood, or simply arrows from monsters.

Here are some monster that drop arrows as well
    Ratman Archer (50-70)
    Pirate Navigator (50-70)

Also all dungeon chests have 10 arrows/bolts. Patch 38 will see some added to treasure map chests as well.

Also a character with 50 fletching and some supplies can easily make arrows with little or no failure.
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Chris, it does make sense just guess I will farm ratmen for both arrows and leather, double whammy!