Attention Adventurers (Role-Players)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jittery Sauce, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

*A piece of parchment is nailed to a bulletin board*

I Airk Thaughbaer is looking for anyone interested in joining an adventuring party. Those who are not part of any organization or guild may find comfort here. I am looking for those with crafting skills (smith/tailor, boat makers, etc.), those with cooking skills, a skilled mage and other archers. Please send me a pigeon if you are curious.

(New Characters Welcome)

signed,

Airk Thaughbaer
    MikeK, newme, Alice Asteroid and 3 others like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

What manner of role playing are you looking for?
  3. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

All manners, the beginning will be more PvM based but are also open to PvP. We will have a
    R.O.E that is geared more to realistic warfare but disciplined.

Right now there are no requirement on skills that a character can join with. New characters are acceptable and encouraged. Have a little thought in your character selection you wish to join with. Looking for other craftsman, possibly with combat skills (not required). Battle hardened mage, well diverse in PvM and PvP support. All skills are desired and welcome even a character with cooking or 50 taming/ 50 lore will be used just as efficiently as a full combative character.

Basically, this is set up to allow diverse skills and give a player the chance to play a character you normally wouldn't (if you desired). If there was any style of character you ever wanted to RP with but didn't know if it would be useful at all or couldn't find a place for it. This would be that place designed for all styles of characters. The beginning is starting out as an adventuring party that answers this call in a gathering an adventure group. I will be asking for a background for your character, a bit of a storyline that doesn't have to be anything major.

At the start we will move as a party would. Similar to the way nomads would moving from different parts of the land hunting the area moving on. 25% of gold and resources will be donated to the group itself. From there buy small houses a number of them at first finding spots to place them and drop them as we move about the land. There is no final ending to the storyline of this guild. The actions of our members and the reactions of RP community around us could change how we evolve.

Characters that will be joining at this beginning stage can think of it as a D&D adventuring party. Your character, whether a new character or experienced character, will be looking to join this adventuring caravan.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    MikeK likes this.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Sounds nice, except for me, I don't enjoy pvp. so. Would not wish to be part of that aspect .

But good luck with it.
  5. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

Well you would most likely RP in a way to avoid the conflict in that situation.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

This is why I think putting in tents into the game would be awesome, for these type of scenarios. A temporary shelter that cannot be refreshed but only moved, and it will decay on its own for 3 rl days. A small secure backpack. No lockdowns. Would be awesome for roleplayers, or raiding parties.

EDIT: Feel free to chime in on the thread I opened, Tents, Perfected.: http://uorforum.com/threads/tents-perfected.10908/
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    Jittery Sauce likes this.
  7. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

Yes Paddy, I couldn't agree with you more. This is going to be one of my pleads to the staff once we are up and running. It would work well with our starting theme and would be as a strategic tactic through the later evolution as well.
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

For tips and tricks on how to use irc and uoam to connect with people let me know.

Also, one way I have managed to align separate guilds as allies is to actually war with them. This makes you easily identifiable (orange) and it makes it so you don't go grey for accidental swings.

I also war enemy RP guilds so long as there is a small set of guidelines to follow which basically consist of:

1 not engaging an enemy without some kind of 2 way dialogue first

2 not attacking during player run/shard events (without mutual consent and away from the event)

3 don't die. In the event you do die don't wine.
    Jittery Sauce likes this.
  9. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Yes Jupiter, we did the same in Europa (there were around 3-4 major city militias back there with smaller guilds too).

Every RP guild is at war with each other in-game, however mutual consent is a must to engage. Although there are diplomacy situations where you can be practically enemies and kill-on-sight.
  10. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

Update on our progress coming soon....
  11. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member