Audio podcast

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Kochampftt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

has anyobe considered doing an audio podcast for the shard? i love the idea of it and i think it would help get the shard out there into the world a little better, afterall, people love stitcher radio nowadays. i wouldnt know how to get started but id love to take part in it. thoughts?
  2. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

The Muses of Jebidiah

love it
  3. Lethius

Lethius Member

I'll put on my producer hat for a minute and make some suggestions for format for a UO Ren show I would totally listen to

- Weekly, 30 minutes
    - Format: Discussion between 2-3 people usually brings out the funny, but one very dynamic personality can make it entertaining

Segments:

Intro (2m) - music, name and describe the show, intro the hosts, headline the topics for the show

How was your week in UO? (5m) - Discussion of recent content/events etc...(talk about game experiences, etc...)

Commercial (1m) "commercial" for player vendors (soundbyte) This week's show is brought to you by "Zagnut's House of Wares right next to the xx moongate, your source for all your pvp and pvm needs, we've restocked potion kegs, gm barbed armor, etc... come on down to Zagnut's... blah blah"

Topic discussion (10m) - Interview - a personality from the game may be invited to discuss some aspect of playing on UO Renaissance

Post interview comments by the host(s) (2m)

Monster of the week (2m) every week select a different monster, describe it, where to hunt it, loot, tips

Drama-llama (3m) : IRC/message board roundup, rapidfire highlights of drama of the week (absolutely need to intro segment with a llama sound)

Ask an Orc (2m) - Every episode an orc is asked his opinion of some issue, and they give their orc-perspective. A "voice modulator filter" could be used to make the voice more orcy - of course, you need to find someone who is adept at speaking orc (and not just typing it).

Wrap-up (3m) - wrap up the show, highlight next week's content, remind people how to get to UO Renaissance, outro music
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Ningauble, Wise, Liberation and 8 others like this.
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

^^^

That is certifiably awesome.
    Ningauble likes this.
  5. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

id definitely be up for doinf it but id have no clue what equipment, programs, or anythingelse i might need. 3 personalities a vet, a noob, and a pk lol
  6. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

URK would be in for this......
  7. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Would listen to again.
  8. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

Well if anyone would actually like to do this and also help me figure out what we would need in order to do it, then lets get to talking :) . I'd love a podcast about Ultima Online that could be watched/listened to via YouTube, Itunes, Stitcher Radio, etc while I'm at work. I mean they have all those World of Warcraft, League of Legends, hell even that Clash of Clans android phone game has different podcasts. I think it would be a great way to bring old people back and perhaps convince a few new people to come give it a shot!
  9. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

I am not going to pretend to know anything about this, but I did potentially find this as a suitable means for this venture.

http://www.howtogeek.com/60697/how-to-create-and-run-your-own-audio-podcast/

If you decide to do this you should take on guests from UOR itself with different fields to talk obviously about different subjects. I am moderately connected in to this community I may be able to help find guests.
  10. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Win.

I am pretty sure you are a time traveler from a future where UOR has a podcast. Thanks for traveling back and sharing!
    Vlar likes this.
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Can you imagine getting Blaise, Apoc and Russell all in on a live conversation?

OH! And we could do a short segment called "Moment of Zyler". Just read a random line he's written.
    Kochampftt likes this.
  12. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

Vlar, youd have to have someone read and tall about one of our resident griefers posts as well lol
  13. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Hmmmm.....do I get to use my orc voice???
  14. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

Gping to have to roleplay it out man, LARP :)
  15. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i'd be willing to contribute some time to this.

i do not have interest in organizing the podcast on a regular basis, however i do have audio experience, software and equipment.
  16. Lethius

Lethius Member

I think that is critical - some expertise. It is probably a challenge to learn this stuff the hard way. I did look at a few "How to" guides, but I didn't have time to sift through or offer which was the best/simplest/most accessible.

Recording is one thing, it has to sound decent enough.

Editing sound files together takes a little know-how (I guess, never done it)
  17. Liberation

that's kind of what i was volunteering for.. i can perform basic sound engineering duties for whoever wants to do this and offer advice to whoever is hosting on how to get decent sound that i can work with.
    Vlar and Lethius like this.
  18. Lethius

Lethius Member

I have ideas, but little time to execute. (work, house, kids, lumberjacking...) :D

I can help with ideas, suggestions, encouragement?
  19. Liberation

sounds like we need a host.
  20. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

I can probabky host ot , though im positive there are probably better people out there for the job, Id definitely be trying to get some "pros" and veterans on as often as possible.