Autograph a Rose @Yew Valentine's Card Museum - Thanks, Arnold! :)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Azoth, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Dear all, I'd like to revive Arianna Exodus's Valentine's Card project. I contributed a couple of Valentines to it when she started but now she's quit and I found some of the cards on one of Gideon's vendors. I'm not asking for donations of blank cards, but would be pleased if people would consider signing one of the blank cards I have so that I can place it in the small white marble in Yew, previously called I Love Yew; now simply Valentine's Museum. It's the one with some rocks and whispering roses on the roof and now with a few wooden and marble shelves displaying a few signed cards.

I admit, I'm not great at much in this game, but I do enjoy library and museum projects. I'd like to spend time working on this Valentine's Museum and also on another idiotic idea, the Yew Cake Museum.

Thanks, already, to @LanDarr who has kindly donated a signed turquoise Valentine's card and some marble furniture :)
    Jean-Pierre, Zyler and TrojanCow like this.
  2. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

I do not have any valentines cards.
    But if you passed me an unsigned one, i would be delighted to scribble a heartfelt greeting on it.
    Azoth likes this.
  3. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

The Yew Valentine's Card Museum is up and running, thanks to generous benefactors, willing to sign cards and donate them to the collection. Here's a list of the cards on display:

1. Abramelin
    2. BlackEye
    3. Blaise
    4. Captain Beefheart
    5. Captain Morgan
    6. DarkWing
    7. Dimas
    8. Evil Dead
    9. Franz Pfniffel
    10. Gideon Jura
    11. Johari
    12. Kirby
    13. MrMage
    14. Paddy O'Brien
    15. Peace
    16. Pockets
    17. Prophet
    18. Random
    19. Soul Harvester
    20. Taste
    21. Tea
    22. twarf
    23. Xeggug

Valentines_Museum_Zyler.jpg
    It's early days, but please do consider contributing. I have a few blank cards which I'll be happy to have signed. Thanks for the offer @Bayara ... I'll be in touch :) Thanks for today's donation @Zyler .. it's balanced on the chair until I have time to make some more shelves :)
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

At some point I want to get together runes to all these museums - the cake museum, valentine museum, vesper museum, trammel museum and aquarium, the knife museum, etc and have them all put someplace!
    Azoth likes this.
  5. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the cards from Captain Beefheart and Dimas @TrojanCow and for the extra valentine-themed donations :) I need to find time to make more shelves, but the cards are on the roof!
    TrojanCow likes this.
  6. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    The fledgling Yew Valentine's Card Museum has a new venture: "Roses on the Roof". We're asking people to sign Whispering Roses. Here's Ana Conda proudly showing the first Autographed Rose from our friend Peace. There's not a huge amount of space, but if it takes off we might move the display to the Trammel Aquarium in Minoc.

Peace_Rose.jpg
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    TrojanCow and PaddyOBrien like this.
  7. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

I love this game! Here are some updates of new Roses on the Roof. Thanks to @SteelyDan, @TrojanCow, @Random :) Ana Conda is looking extremely happy :)

Jerome_Rose.jpg Prophet_Rose.jpg Random_Rose.jpg Tea_Rose.jpg
    TrojanCow likes this.
  8. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Thank you @CaptainMorgan, @Zyler and @Xegugg for the new additions to Roses on the Roof and the Valentine's Card Museum :)

Morgan_Rose.jpg
    Zyler_Rose.jpg
    Xeggug_Rose.jpg
    TrojanCow likes this.
  9. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Thanks for the gifts of the signed whispering rose and valentine's card @Evil Dead :)

ED_Rose.jpg
    Evil Dead likes this.
  10. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

A wonderful green Valentine's card and an autographed red rose from the colourful Franz Pfniffel! Thanks @snap dragon (just for being who you are) :) and thanks @Jakob for the contributions :oops: :D

Franz_Rose.jpg
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  11. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Typically snap dragon! Always taking credit for my actions!
    Azoth likes this.
  12. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Oops :oops:
  13. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Ana Conda is feeling happy: her friend Pockets just dropped buy and gave her a signed Valentine's Card and Whispering Rose :) Thanks @The Crooked Warden :)
    She's had such a positive response to the museum collections that she's had to place a second set of shelves. The Roses on the Roof are looking healthy and she might plant a second rose-garden on the roof of the nearby Cake Museum.

Pockets_Rose.jpg
  14. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Thank you @Kirby for the kind gift of a whispering rose and for signing a Valentine's card :) Thank you, too, for showing Ana Conda around your beautiful home! That memorial garden for BlackEye on your roof is such a nice idea :)

Kirby_Rose.jpg
    Kirby likes this.
  15. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Ana Conda is pleased to add two beautifully fragrant additions to Roses on the Roof, signed by Avery and Taste:

Avery_Rose.jpg
    Taste_Rose.jpg
  16. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Now that is a nice way to start the day: a message from Arnold Lutz that he'd left a whispering rose for us on the steps of the Yew Valentine's Museum! And here it is now in the Roses on the Roof collection:

Lutz_Rose.jpg

Thanks for the kind thought, Arnold, and have a very enjoyable UOR and IRL Weekend!