Azoth's Library & Museum

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by LanDarr, May 13, 2020.

1. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Background:
    Feb 2016: “Azoth, Abramelin and Horse are looking for kind donors for the Trammel Library that they're developing.” Many donations received from lords, ladies, and common folk across the lands. The response was so overwhelming and donation so numerous, the building was quickly overrun with goods and the ability to secure them all quickly surpassed. This created a conflict and delayed the opening of the Museum.

Time passed and with the conflict unresolved, the project languished. When Azoth was called back to the IRL Realm, arrangements were attempted to return said goods with varied degrees of success…

Items started collecting dust and were bagged up and put into storage. And for a time the museum forgotten and items shoved into deep storage. However, there has been a recent resurgence in interest in the museum and a strong desire for the Museum to return to the lands. While there have always been plans and actions in motion to bring it back, that IRL Realm intrusions made them difficult.

Fast forward to today… After much interest, debate and soul searching, it was decided to bring the Museum plans to the forefront. The Viceroy of V^V, Peace, was brought in as Museum Curator and Launch Manager to finish the Azoth Trammel Library and bring it into the light for the Citizens of Sosaria.
    Buying Plat 7k per
    upload_2020-5-13_12-23-46.png
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

More to come, including dates, timelines, activities and ways to participate.

The new Curator must take stock of the vast amount of items, determine what fits best in the theme as well as what items will be available to the pubic to support this venture.

This is a Library and Museum, please act with the correct decorum while here....
    FartBarf likes this.
  3. TheNomad

TheNomad Member

I have a rare copy of "A UOR Resume" by Shadowjack that I would like to donate. I'm told it's a priceless tome, at least that's what the snake oil salesman told me.
    Vincent Blackshadow and One like this.
  4. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

:) your donation is gladly accepted, it is a Unique Tome of Wonder
    TheNomad likes this.
  5. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

6. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

If you're the new Azoth you gotta hijack every trammel trade thread and hem and haw about how great that particular item would look in your trammel library
    Vincent Blackshadow, One and MikeK like this.
  7. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

More threads about the Jenny Jones version of this thread.
    MikeK likes this.
  8. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

This is the place, this is the thread.

Azoth is long gone, but their dream and the dream of Azoth's benefactors is still alive and being made real. Lets celebrate that. What is passed is passed.

As the Museum's Curator, I will do what I do best here. Make stuff REAL. Please enjoy my efforts along with the board of trustees of the Azoth Museum and if you have doubts, there are other threads to express them in, where you can be as verbose in a broader spectrum of Language. I would appreciate modification of any Post not in the spirit of the effort and the Forum which this post resides. Feel Free to PM me any questions or concerns. This is a Player Run Events thread with community based events and opportunities on the way.

Thank You

Peace
    Viceroy of V^V
    Curator of Azoth's Library
    MikeK likes this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  10. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

There are plans for a set of semi rares (spawning ones) to be on display at the sandstone. Plus I own the two smalls there, gonna eventually do a theme at each house

PM me your ideas of what you want out on display...
    One likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/30039

That is the compendium entry for winning the house deco contest back in 2016. It is the most comprehensive documentation of the original Museum in pictures. What SPECIFICALY would you like to see. Look carefully and I will try to locate the items. I do have access to where they are stored.

A lot of the items and there are A LOT of them are spawning Semi-Rares, there are just a TONNE of them. These Semi-Rares will be available to the public to show support for the Museum shortly. I never liked the cluttered look of the original, my goal is to keep it neat & organized and curated to the most rare, or unique items

Thanks
    Jill Stihl and One like this.
  13. The Bureau of M.T.R.

The Bureau of M.T.R. Member

The Bureau supports all community efforts and gives this a thumbs-up.
  14. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I guarantee hereby with my name that LanDarr is no thug or deceiver and wish him much luck and success. If I still had my pixels, I would have donated a lot (probably).
  15. One

One Well-Known Member