Backsmithy/Mining

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Delta, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Delta

Delta New Member

1. Can miners make a reasonable amount of gold selling their ingots to other players?

2. Is there a marked for colored ore? I remember waaay back in the day it was something like:
    Iron = 8gp
    Dull Copper = 10gp
    ......all the eay up to.....
    Val = 40gp

3. Is there a market for general blacksmithy...... excluding the BOD system?
  2. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

1. Some, but not like in its hay day
    2. 8 iron and all color is the same price, last check was sub 20 gp per
    3. Some GM weps and repair deeds, but both are very cheap and abundant on this server.

Just farm for your gold. Provo mage is one of the best builds on this shard, and will make you fast gold without the headache of vendoring or auctions. GL bro.
  3. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

If you work battle mining can be an okay return on ingots and time. Can help give you tips if you go this route.
    8 per for iron is norm since NPC sells same if in guild then 15-20 on colors.
    BODs to me are a slow slow return on time but never pulled for a verite or val hammer
  4. Delta

Delta New Member

What is battle mining?

Mining is somewhat enjoyable to me so thus may be worth looking in to for me.
  5. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Gargoyle pickaxes which can be used anywhere You can mine to pull up elementals, they carry gold and ore of what color they were. Then there are gargoyle shovels that are used in caves to dig up golems of the shovel color, they just drop ore when dead, except lords have a chance to drop platinum coin, mining gloves or statues too. I enjoy battle mining gives me some pvm and ore I use for BODs