Baracoon Bonanza- Friday 11 pm E.S.T. - NO PETS

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by RavenMagi, Aug 20, 2019.

1. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Baracoon2.jpg

Barracoon is the master of the Vermin Horde and bane to those that seek the Skull of Greed. Beware this sly foe. An ordinary looking man in appearance, Barracoon controls legions of rats and ratmen. If an adventurer is not careful, they may find themselves lulled by the Piper's music and joining his rag-tag band of whiskered minions.

Barracoon the Piper can turn any attacker (regardless of whether the attacker has levied any damage to him, or has used a non-damaging aggressive spell) into a Ratman for a period of time. This may be prevented by casting incognito or casting the Polymorph spell.
    http://www.uoguide.com/Barracoon_the_Piper

Where- Baracoon Champ- Despise Lvl 3, Occlo (I will open gates from there)
    When- This Friday- 8/23/19
    11 pm EST (subject to minor changes)
    Who- Blues, Reds, Mages, Bards, Dexxers, Theives (we will be using voice to differentiate friendly from non friendly)

(NO PETS TO ADVANCE THE SPAWN, IF YOU MUST BRING A TAMER, RIDE A SINGLE NIGHTMARE AND USE BLADE SPIRITS)

Preferably, we will use the main UOR DISCORD VOICE, if it gets too sloppy in there, we may go into the Public Champ discord. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or ask in here. While this event is PVM, we do expect alot of PVPers, so be prepared to die and do not bring anything you are not willing to lose.
    https://discord.gg/pxg86VU
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh Well-Known Member

This has potential to be a lot of fun.
    RavenMagi likes this.
  3. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Well-Known Member

Will there be treasure? If so, I be stakin’ me claim! Arr!!
  4. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

upload_2019-8-23_11-24-22.png
    I will be OPENING gates from occlo bank in approximately 5 hours!

TIPS AND TRICKS

the first stage is rats and slimes, 2nd stage dire wolves and ratmen, 3rd stage hell hound and ratman mage, then 4th stage is silver serpents and ratmen archers

So Blade spirits will work on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th spawn, but the third one will be a little more tricky

as long as the mages are around, they will dispell, so we have to get rid of them

There is an Ogre Lord spawn in the middle too, with the current mechanics the ogre lords will attack the champ spawn and help us advance it

killing the ogres wont advance the champ , they are a different spawn than the champ.

for the boss, cast incognito to not get turned into a ratman. Drop explosion spells on him and run so that he is at least 18 tiles away from you when the spell hits.

as long as you do a minimun ammount of damage on the boss, you will get 4 plat, assuming you are alive and close enough when he dies.

IF YOU COME ON A BLUE, YOU ARE LESS LIKELY TO BE ACCIDENTALLY TARGETED FOR ATTACKS. THIS WILL BE THE EASIEST.

IF YOU COME ON A RED, YOU MAY BE ACCIDENTALLY ATTACKED, BUT DONT HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH ABOUT MURDER COUNTS< INTENTIONAL OR ACCIDENTAL.

USING BLADE SPIRITS TO ADVANCE THE SPAWN COULD TURN YOUR GREY, GIVE YOU MURDER COUNTS, OR GET YOU GUARDWHACKED IF YOU RECALL TO TOWN WHILE YOUR BLADE SPIRITS ARE STILL SUMMONED. SAY "I MUST CONSIDER MY SINS" TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MURDER COUNTS.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK REDS ON SIGHT, WE WILL BE USING VOICE TO DIFFERENTIATE FRIENDLY FROM UNFRIENDLY.
  5. Tybris Varn

Tybris Varn Member

I died
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Ragar and Kiryana like this.
  6. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Video up!

RavenMagi likes this.