Beacon's Boards: A Lumberjack Macro

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fenris Corp, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Fenris Corp

Fenris Corp Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I recently created a macro to make my harvesting dsays easier. Not only will this macro make harvesting lumber a breeze, it also forces you to stay in compliance with the rules ( win/win! ). This macro is ideal for going from tree to tree in an area. I cannot attest to how well it will work if you are an LJ/Mage recalling around to different Oak Nodes.

What does it do?
    1.)
    If you are not holding a hatchet, it will literally tell you. You have 5 seconds after the first warning before the second occurs and you have 5 more seconds to remedy this and equip a new tool. After these 10 seconds pass, no tool = no go. it will force stop the macro. (you may have run out of tools, or aren't paying attention.)
    2.) This macro is on a loop, and it will keep attempting at the tree you are working on until the job is done. Which brings me to what is, in my opinion, the best feature this has to offer.
    3.) This macro uses your weight to determine when the tree is done. Now, some trees will yield 60 logs, it accounts for that too. Once you reach the preset weight it turns the logs into boards, and moves them to a pack mule. If you happen to hit a 60 tree, it will board those up too before telling you to move along.
    Once a tree is completed, it tells you it is ready to move to the next tree, and gives you 5 seconds (visually counted) to do so.
    How do i make it work for me?
    Firstly, i will let you know i tried to comment this as well as i could to help with user maintenance.
    Occasionally, you may end up with an orphan targeting reticle. this is because the macro does 2 iterations of converting logs to boards (in case you have oak, and regular). If you only have regular, only 1 applies and it had nothing to turn into boards the second time around. fear not, the macro will weed itself out once the cleanup process is done and you are at your next tree. ignore the ugly red message.

You will need a pack animal
    When i created this macro, i was wearing nothing, and holding a hatchet. I placed 50 logs in my pack, and set the first weight check (see: "First Weight" comment in macro) for cleanup according to that, the second (see: "Second Weight" comment in macro) is based on weight with no logs + 1 (meaning you got that "magic 60" and it needs to clean that up too). If you plan on wearing clothes, armor, etc, you need to equip all of that, holding a hatchet, and place 50 logs into your pack. Adjust the first weight limit to that weight. Take the logs out of your pack, and adjust the second weight limit to that weight + 1. If you don't want to go to all that trouble, and want this to work without editing, go chop some wood naked. it is liberating.

All hatchets that you are going to take with you go on the pack mule, except the one you are holding of course.

This macro is set up for organizer agent 10 (see: "Moves Boards" comment in macro). You can swap that out with another organizer if you so desire, and replace 10 with the organizer you want to use.
    Here is a list of the organizer agents so that you know what they should look like when you are done editing. you can edit this macro in notepad or notepad ++
    (if you don't have notepad ++ already, I would recommend it.)
    Code:
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-1
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-2
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-3
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-4
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-5
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-6
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-7
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-8
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-9
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-10
    Add logs to the agent, and set the bag as your trusty pack animal. When chopping, you will need to be on the eastern side of the tree. You can change this by right-clicking on target rel-loc (see: "Where to chop" comment in macro), stand where you want to be standing, and click on a tree. Happy chopping.

Macro Code:

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|8|-1|0
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|17|59|Drat! Gonna need a new axe!
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
    Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|17|59|You have 5 more seconds to give me an axe!
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|2|17|59|Still don't have an axe. Stopping macro!
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1083|
    Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1305|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7500000
    // Where to chop
    Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-1|0
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|121
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Tree's Done!
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
    // Initial Pack Cleanup
    Assistant.Macros.ForAction|2
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|7133
    Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
    // Moves Boards
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|tree's done!
    // Second Weight
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|1|22
    // Accounting for the "Magic 60"
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|7133
    // Moves Boards
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2500000
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Moving to the next tree! (5 seconds)
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|[4 seconds]
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|[3 seconds]
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|[2 seconds]
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|[1 second]
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENU|0|Resuming Chopping!
    // Skips the 4 second pause while moving to a new tree
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Play: Beacon's Boards
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:04

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas please PM me here, comment below, or hit me up on IRC : (Fenris Corp)

TLDR version:
    This macro automates wood chopping efficiently. All you do is drive, and replace the axe when it breaks. You need a pack mule, an organizer, and to unequip everything and empty your pack for it to work right out of the box. Bring a bag of hatchets and keep them on your mule.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Damow82 and Tyler McCart like this.
  2. Fenris Corp

Fenris Corp Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you desire the axe to auto-equip, you can record dragging the bag from your pack animal to you, opening it, equipping an axe, and dragging it back instead of the check that is currently in place.
    I just deleted all other if's at the top regarding not having an axe, and recorded within the first.
  3. Vizzer

Vizzer Active Member

This is excellent, and a great way to breeze through a season of Frasier while you GM LJ. I still find it necessary, every time one of these jacking macros pop up, to remind new/og players the best macro is F1 F2, and your own sore fingers. A number of potions, powders, plants, and pills are available at some of your friends of friends that make the process more bearable, if not nostalgically fun.
    Damow82 and Fenris Corp like this.