Best shopping run.... getting thief'ed experience ever

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Brentshiver, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Brentshiver

Brentshiver New Member

I just had to throw this out there.

So yesterday Im grinding away killing some low end monsters, I am a noob mage still, macrod up my eval and meditate to gm, but my combat skills are still trash. Ive been doing it the slow way, fighting orcs and ettins and skeletons etc. making enough money to buy my next bag of regs rinse and repeat.

So I decide my npc bought katana isnt cutting it, its doing like 3 hp per hit lol. SO I go to yew moongate and find a bunch of vendors... Im shopping around... and some guy saddles up next to me... normally (my 20 year old recollection from 1999) tells me to move away... but I have like shit for loot so I dont even bother. I ask the guy about the pvp scene here and he goes so youre new? here this is yours. Hands me my regs back. Im like shit... yoinked already gotta love UO.

Guy says wait here, comes back and gates me to town... gives me 20k... holy crap. Im set now... thatll get me a spellbook, regs etc. to get going. Guy says follow me... gates me out... and takes me to a house. I get some house window come up and Im like cool... he friended me to the house.... nope. Dude freaking gives me a small tower! I had to check 3 times to make sure I wasnt seeing wrong, but yeah it says Im the owner lol. Hes like enjoy, hit me up on the forum sometime...

Ill leave his name out... if he wants he will probably see this Ill let him reply. Just wanted to say thanks man... totally awesome. And Ill make sure I pass on some good stuff when I come across some noobs once I get a little more settled in.
    Jesus Is King, eherruh, Cha and 17 others like this.
  2. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Thats awesome!

I cant wait to be able to do that for new folks. Im almost there. Just gotta get the hang of this taming stuff.
  3. Carl.

Carl. New Member

This is UOR, he has always been like that, so it will remain!

UOR Classic style

Long Life UOR
    Cha and Miami like this.
  4. AlexHell Slayer

AlexHell Slayer Active Member

Yes! People here are just great. I had a similar experience, someone at Ocllo bank gave my daughter 100k and a pet for the quest (he was going to give her a mare, but she didn't have enough taming). She was thrilled! I passed by to thanks on her behalf (her english is poor), and also got a check and two weapons as a gift. He then spoke some spanish to her... it was very funny :)
    Cha and Buga like this.
  5. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

One day he'll come back to collect ... one day.
  6. Darkwave Malice

Darkwave Malice Member

Cool story....(now where is that rich cat that gives out towers :p)
  7. nilmer

nilmer Active Member

I had a kind of similar experience when I started in december.
    ...only he gave me a Large tower. lol

i wonder if it was the same guy :)