Best stats for a macer thief

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

macing, tactics, anat, healing, resist, magery, stealing, snooping

Dunno what would be good for swing speed, mb avoidance, supporting heals, etc

what would you recommend ?
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I can't go without max damage potential on my macers, so 100/70/55. Fairly weak MB damage, best melee damage and 12s heals.
  3. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

That's a decent recommendation from Blaise. If you don't like it you can tweak it a small amount. 95 strength = 97 hp, 90 strength = 95 hp. So you can easily score another 5-10 points to move elsewhere if you want and I don't believe you will take much of a damage loss on your weapons.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, it wouldn't ruin the character to have strength anywhere in the 90 and up range. However, I would never run an uneven number on Strength. The formula is Str/2+50, so any time it is not evenly divisible by 2, you're losing a phantom half point of HP. I've tested this and perhaps it's just not showing the phantom half points, but I imagine it doesn't even exist and you're shorting yourself if you didn't go with 96 or 94 instead of 95.
  5. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Can you get to 0% hp? Pretty sure I've seen it happen. If so, that might be the phantom half point lol. But yes, I agree with your 96 or 94 statement.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Oh shit, I think we just found the 'killing blow' bug wherein you just can't seem to land that last hit!

It's the phantom half point!!!
  7. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

You have 8 skills listed, are you going to split magery and resists 60/40 or something?
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Perhaps most importantly, I am not sure what the tactic of this character would be.

Is the plan to steal something and then defend yourself with the weapon skill? Or is it to steal stuff from people *while you fight them*? I almost wonder then if it's worth doing something like this:

Magery
    Mace
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Wrestling
    Arms Lore

...and basically fight a war of attrition. That is... you try a steal or disarm steal, and then keep stealing every 10 seconds (Wrestling helps ensure you don't get hit too much while barehanded each subsequent time you steal).

Wands of Greater Heal can help keep you alive - in fact, you may not even need Magery... maybe stick to 20.0 or so Magery to Recall off of scrolls, and put the rest in Snooping to ensure your first steal is a good one.

But if I were up against a character like this, I wouldn't even try to win the fight. I'd just get out of there before my armor got bashed and all my stuff got stolen.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Practically half of the mace weapons can't be stolen because they weigh too much.
    Always pack your anti-thief weapon if such a character is around.
  10. Aegis

Aegis Member

I'd think that HPs are coded as integers so there would be no room for half points.
    Regarding 0%, I see it all the time on big mobs from razor, but that's just razor/server rounding (percentages are always in 4% increments, so anything under 2% is probably 0%)
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I do think I've been at 0/100 HPs before... and this from the Status bar, not the % thing that Razor can make appear.

RunUO does a lot of stuff with decimals that I'm not sure happened on production shards. Swing speed and timing being a chief one that I'm most familiar with.
  12. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

oh he doesn't have magery, my bad. And it's just to goof around with, thug thief class that can go on a five iron frenzy on someone's skull if they get too antsy